PDA

View Full Version : Bugcheck Error In Event Viewer/need Help

cricket
09-09-04, 03:55 PM
Hello all, I was hoping someone in here that is smarter than me at firguring out this type of error, can explain to me what the error message means that i got last night, while playing FARCRY GAME .
Here is what happened: I installed(last night) and was playing Farcry game for about 30 minute's or so and then all of a sudden I get a blue screen of death with bunch of crazy lingo on it. I remember from awhile ago,since i have not had a BSOD in about 10 month's, that there would be a record of the event in the event viewer ,under 'system" and after checking it out, this is what the error in the event viewer say's " The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0xa4d8f074, 0x00000000, 0xbfa8c1d9, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini090804-01.dmp.
My question is does anyone know what this means and why my system crashed? or where i can go to find out what this type of error means?
I know that farcry is a very high system demanding game,but I have a very good system with plenty of memory and a fairly decent graphic's card. my spec's are Pent.4/ 3.06GHZ / 1GB RAM/ 80 GB HARD DRIVE/ WINXP HOME / EVGA-GEFORCE 5700 ULTRA VID CARD
I have patched the farcry game to version 1.1 and used "AUTO DETECT" FOR VIDEO SETTING'S, which base's setting's on current config/system.
The only reason I can think of that may have crashed the game and my system is the fact that I recently moved my tower into the enclosed part of my desk, but I leave the door open while pc is on, for more ventilation/airflow, but i have noticed that system has been running about 3-6 degree's celsius hotter than it was,when it was out in open on top of desk. I have intel active monitor running all the time but didnt get any alert's before crash. and i also believe that i had the alert setting's set about 5 degree's below default value, which is about 69.C (setting was at 64.C) for processor temp and about 48 C for both the case temp's.

IF ANYONE CAN SHED ANY LIGHT ON THIS BUT WHAT I HAVE JUST TOLD YOU ALL THAT I KNOW, I WOULD APPRECIATTE THE HELP/FEEDBACK/INFO. THANK YOU