PDA

View Full Version : *Spoilers* how to beat boss…

Moot
09-09-04, 11:10 PM
I can’t seem to beat the Guardian at the end of hell. I have played it through about five times and I always run out of ammo. Even once the Guardian got stuck and I sat there with the chain saw on his leg for a while after I ran out of other ammo and nothing seemed to happen. Are there any tricks to beating him?

Sazar
09-09-04, 11:14 PM
is this the guy with the little helpers flying round?

you have to kill em and then shoot the hump on his back which changes color in order to kill him...

its been a while since i played it so bear with me if I got the boss wrong :D

Moot
09-10-04, 12:27 AM
Yes it's the boss with the little helpers because he's blind. The game says kill them and he will be weak. But I was thinking he's just blind without them so I won't waste any ammo on them and keep moving.

nVidi0t
09-10-04, 02:20 AM
They are "seekers" kill them with the shotgun by jumping up toward them as they come near. Make sure your rocketlauncher is fully loaded. As you kill the last seeker the guardian will attempt to create more. Pummel the glowing orb above his back with the rocket launcher, and he'll be dead in no time. Just keep running.

Sazar
09-10-04, 02:26 AM
k... I ws on the right track :D

wee..

anyways like nvidiot said.... keep shooting him on the thinger on his back... it should change color when he's getting hurt IIRC...

takes a while but he will die eventually... just keep running

whiskeychaser
09-10-04, 03:20 AM
there are more heath and ammo around too, though its tough to find without a flashlight.

nVidi0t
09-10-04, 07:30 AM
There's some useful rocket ammo behind one of the walls which are placed in all the corners.

Moot
09-11-04, 03:31 PM
Sweat thanks for the help. It was rather easy to finish once I started shooting the right thing. The problem is I read someone doom 3 guide and it said this beats takes many shots, and stuff but didn't mention anything about shooting the blue thing above it. So several times I used all my ammo, and the ammo you find in the arena and it wasn't dead. So I was like wtf?

oldsk00l
09-12-04, 12:32 PM
chainsawing his leg.... :lol2: