PDA

View Full Version : So what new games do you all currently have?

Pages : [1] 2

thcdru2k
11-05-02, 12:04 AM
I have quite a few

age of mythology - wow. aoe with 3d graphics and mythical creatures and gods. just amazing.

gta III - old but still gangsta.

madden 2003 - best game of the series..realistic graphics, and a very good franchise mode.

mohaa - old but one of best sp fps games out there.

need for speed hp 2 - awesome racing game. fun racing and obtaining money to get exotic cars. too bad there isn't an autobahn track.

nhl 2003 - same as nhl 2002 pretty much just updated. still looks good and good fun.

ut2k3 - my current favorite, good frag whenever i'm bored.

-=DVS=-
11-05-02, 03:08 AM
Noone live forever 2 - sweet game , but basically same as first one , sometimes realy boreing :(
Need for speed HP 2 - well its new NFS with better graphic's but fun to race at 200+ MPH :D :cool:
UT2k3 - boreing but looking good :p i wish they released Unreal 2 sooner
well these all my new games not including leaked demos :p everything else is 3 + month old:p

NFSHP2 was pain in the arss with older Radeon drivers only 6193 and newer fix lockup problem heh :rolleyes:

-=DVS=-
11-05-02, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by thcdru2k
I have quite a few

age of mythology - wow. aoe with 3d graphics and mythical creatures and gods. just amazing.

gta III - old but still gangsta.

madden 2003 - best game of the series..realistic graphics, and a very good franchise mode.

mohaa - old but one of best sp fps games out there.

need for speed hp 2 - awesome racing game. fun racing and obtaining money to get exotic cars. too bad there isn't an autobahn track.

nhl 2003 - same as nhl 2002 pretty much just updated. still looks good and good fun.

ut2k3 - my current favorite, good frag whenever i'm bored.

can you post a pic of age of mythology in game action i was wondering is it fun game ??? :)

thcdru2k
11-05-02, 08:16 AM
sure, this is just a campaign ss. doesn't do the game justice. the buildings are extremly detailed, and once you create your citadel surrounded by walls, and for examble have anubis looking creatures as your army its a sight to behold, and the god's power are amazing. the special effects are very cool. i run at 1280x1024 with quincunx, 2xaf, and ts. this game could probably run at 1600x1200 with 4xaa and 8xaf perfectly smooth.

http://home.pacbell.net/buon/aom.jpg

Raptorman
11-05-02, 08:53 AM
Do you really want me to list all of these? lol

Black Hawk Down Demo - pretty sweet
Silent Hunter 2 - good sub sim
Morrowind - EXCELLENT game
The Thing - pretty good, imo
Operation Flashpoint w/ Red Hammer - excellent
Operation Flashpoint Resistance - hard, but good
Comanche 4 - too arcade like
IL-2 Sturmovik - very good flight sim
B-17 Flying Fortress II - I love it, love it, love it
MechWarrior 4 Vengeance - good
MW4 Black Knight both with mech paks - not as good as MW4
Red Alert 2 w/ Yuri's Revenge - one of my favorite games
The Sum of All Fears - pretty good
Delta Force: Land Warrior - old, but good
Jane's USAF - good game
Jane's F/A-18 - also a good game
Jane's WW2 Fighters - one of the best WW2 sims
Super Hornet Gold Edition - pretty good
Battlefield 1942 - excellent
Black & White - another favorite of mine
Starsiege - one of my favorite games of all time
NASCAR Racing 2002 - kinda boring
Combat Flight Simulator 2 - not as good as I hoped
NFS HP2 - I like it

I think thats it, probably will think of more later.

jnd3
11-05-02, 09:04 AM
Have, or are playing?

Medieval: Total War - Digital crack (for me, at least). My Byzantine empire is rocking the eastern world. No more Turks, no more Golden Horde (Mongols), and the Hungarians are about to fall before my might. Look on my works, ye mighty, and tremble!

Freedom Force - Just finished up another campiagn. Fun stuff, good story. And I brought Batman along for the ride. Groovy.

Jedi Knight II - Lightsabers. Need I say more?

Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force - Hey, it was $10. It was worth $10!

Throne of Darkness - An even cheaper $8!

And then there's Shogun: Total War, Heavy Gear II, Undying, Serious Sam I & II, Rogue Spear/Urban Ops, X-Wing Alliance, Homeworld/Cataclysm, Ground Control, Half-Life, Unreal, etc., etc.

Then there's the demos (most of which I haven't had time to play -- see Medieval: Total War): Hegemonia, UT2003 (too slow for me to go buy it), etc.

Eagerly awaing: O.R.B., Splinter Cell, Raven Shield, Doom III (the real deal).

Cheers,
JND

thcdru2k
11-05-02, 09:21 AM
perferably are playing

stncttr908
11-05-02, 11:43 AM
Well, since my rig is extremely old, all I've been really playing is Natural Selection lately. Great mod, if you're even remotely interested in MP gaming then you should really check this one out.

MikeC
11-05-02, 06:20 PM
I just purchased Age of Mythology for DaveC and he's loving it!

The Baron
11-05-02, 06:25 PM
Heavy Gear II

WHOA, blast from the past :p

Used to be the best there was at that, but that was YEARS ago. :p

nin_fragile14
11-05-02, 06:47 PM
Age of Mythology is fantastic--just got it.

NFS: HP2 was a huge letdown.

UT2003 became boring very, very fast

Hitman 2 just didn't hold my interest... played too much like a console game I guess. I got sick of playing levels in the snow too.

NOLF 2 was pretty good.

tieros
11-06-02, 04:13 PM
I've been spending what little free time I have playing the Asheron's Call II beta.

The graphics are spectacular, but the combat is a bit to simplistic for a 2nd generation MMORPG.

Here's a link to a few screenshots taken during the last half-hour of beta. Most of them are in 1600x1200 resolution, but I took a couple at 2048x1536 just to show off the eye candy :)

AC2 Beta Screenshots (http://www.asheron2.com)

sebazve
11-06-02, 05:37 PM
HITMAN 2
this game rocks :D

CainSyris
11-06-02, 05:49 PM
Finished NOLF2. Great game most of the time. The India level where you are not allowed a gun bugged me a lot, though. By far, the Antarctic base was about the best. Such good atmosphere.

Age of Mythology seems great to me and I rather like the single player game simply because its more about building armies than WC3 was. WC3 was about building up your hero. Great. But I want to build an army and so AOM suits me.

Btw, if you haven't already, try some of the nice cheats for singleplayer, which you type into the chat window in all caps:

BAWK BAWK BOOM
WRATH OF THE GODS
I WANT TEH MONKEYS!!!1! ( I think that's spelled right)

I like using the latter two in tandem. Flying monkeys anyone? I can make a regular Wizard of Oz-esque scene. ;) I wanted to see what the god powers were like in.. uhm... succession. >:)

"Erick? Those Greek invaders have more powerful gods than we do... may we worship Zeus to stop them all?"

"No, ye fool! Our gods give us awesome powers like..."

"Yes, as I said. The Greeks are raining meteors, raising tornados, and setting lightning storms upon our base constantly... our peasants are running in terror at the might of the Greek gods..."

"Thor will grant us power to stop them."

"No, sir. Thor is hiding in Asgard."

"What? What do you mean he's hiding?"

"He said he wouldn't come out until the balls of fire had stopped..."

"Well, what are we supposed to do until then?"

"He suggested we hide, too, but that Asgard was the official hiding grounds of the gods and not for us."

"I wonder if Zeus would take some slightly plumpy ex-Norse worshippers..."

ZEUS: "There's always room for more!"

mr_oh_so_ice
11-06-02, 08:38 PM
I'm waiting on the new Medal of Honor expansion, Spearhead. Also being a huge NFS fan, I got HP2, but compared to the rest in the franchise, this one is a major letdown, with less features and lack of mod support for new cars. However, it is enjoyable to some extent.

I'll probably get NOLF 2 around Christmas. So that is that. I wonder if the Wolfenstein addon, Enemy Territory will ship before Christmas?

batterbrain101
11-06-02, 09:21 PM
No One Lives Forever 2,
Lord of the rings: Fellowship of the Ring,
Hitman 2,
UT2003,
F12002,
Mafia,
Project Nomads,
V8 Supercars,
Mechwarrior 4 - Mercenaries,
Microsoft RallySport Challenge.
Yes I am playing all of these and they are mostly the newer ones.

Trinity
11-06-02, 10:01 PM
Ok, I've played Battlezone 1 for years but of late I have become addicted to Battlefield 1942. It will win GOTY.

Fluke
11-06-02, 10:07 PM
Play these pretty constant lately.

Battlefield 1942
NOLF2
UT 2003
SOF2
Medal of Honor
Jedi Knight 2
Warcraft III
Need for Speed: HP 2
Dungeon Seige
Rune
Counter-Strike
Day of Defeat
Americas Army
RTCW
NHL 2002

batterbrain101
11-06-02, 11:14 PM
Oh yeah, forgot Battlefield 1942 and ofcourse, SOF2!

-=DVS=-
11-07-02, 03:08 AM
Yeah have Hitman 2 also , but a bit to boreing not much interest for me , BTW i got it for free with my Audigy 2 :D

OOO i just got today Star Trek Starfleet Command III

AWESOME GAME for me atleast , alot of improvement compared to early version , and all ships from ST THE NEXT GENERATION + Voyager included and Defiant :D

you can play Federation , Klingon , Romulan single player missions and even some with BORG have selection but havn't playd them yet :p ooo and best of all you can refit your ships buy better shield , weapon , torpedos , hull , engine......

and you have in game warp capability when map is huge why waiste time on impulse when you can go on warp :D :cool:

Federation strongest ship is no suprise Sovereign class or Enterprise - E from movies , in first mission you get orders from Picard later you get your own small fleet to command giving orders and all :p
quantum torpedos are cool hit hard , on those bastard romulans and they cloaked ships :D

oh and since i had this game on preorder i also got free ticket worth of 12$ to Startek Nemesis movie :cool:

oh and performance even with 4x AA in heavy fights with alot of ships it runs very solid and no bugs at all ;)

ill post a pic or two maybe later :rolleyes:

Smokey
11-07-02, 04:54 AM
Since yesterday, NFS6 and SOAF as my clan is still laddering. But this SAturday the Ravenshield demo may be out, if so I doubt I will be playing anything else :D

-=DVS=-
11-07-02, 09:54 AM
StarTrek Stafleet Command III

Ferengi not going to run far from me hehe :D

note poor JPG quality

Gargr
11-07-02, 10:02 AM
Age of mythology - i dont have it, but tried it. Its almost the same as AOE. only you have some myth units and crap. The AI is stupid.. ahh IMO its crap. i played this game few years ago.

need for speed hp 2 - crap.

No One live forever 2 :D :D

Lord of the rings: Fellowship of the Ring - Im glad i didnt buy this game. Its ugly and runs like crap. And the voice acting is terrible

Mafia - best game this year IMO

NHL 2003 - i never liked hockey but this game is fun

de><ta
11-07-02, 11:51 AM
dont have too much funds for buying games right now,

but i downloaded Navy Seals mod for Quake 3 and it is one hell of a multiplayer game. It is awesome and realistic and the graphics are very nice, close to sof2 quality. The violence... if only the game had ghoul <drool>

So far i am addicted to the game, folks who have a cable or better try downloading it, it is around 380 mb:eek: but go to quake3 planet and use their peer to peer network and you get rates of around 250kpbs which makes the download last 10-15 minutes. It is similiar to Urban-terror but this game is highly team based. You need to radio a lot and get your attack time perfect.

Currently there are very few no0bs playing this game, so online game play on the 6 servers which are there is great.

sytaylor
11-07-02, 12:48 PM
ut2k3
and um...solitaitre :)
dont get much time for games :(