PDA

View Full Version : Geforce 6800 banding on textures?

Cali3350
09-10-04, 08:40 PM
I just got my BFG 6800GT and except for the huge disapointment of not overclocking at all i love the thing. One (rather huge to me) problem though - in Call of Duty all wall textures/ground textures have a odd white banding when you move with them in your sights. Its very hard to see, but evident. They have multiple shades of white on any given surface, and how close you are to it depends on how it looks. It only appears when your realtively close. It looks like mip banding sort of.

I have everything set to High Quality with all ops off and AA at 4x with AF at 8x. The only thing really idfferent is im now using Extra for the textures instead of high since i now have a 256ram card, but that should cause this. Ive tried the 61.77's and the 65.97 drivers. Any ideas? Really appreciate it. Thanks!

ChrisRay
09-10-04, 10:11 PM
Hmm it does sound like shimmering you are describing. My question is. Can you take a screenshot? it would be helpful.

Cali3350
09-10-04, 10:51 PM
Doesnt show up in pictures AT ALL. Appears perfectly normal. Im pretty sure its just the game trying to render fog, but i have NV_fog disabled and it DID NOT do this with my 9700. Also its rendering WAY to close to be fog, and in places that shouldnt have it anyway. Heres a vid i made, it loses alot of it in the compression though.

http://www.novicee.com/vids/COD_Banding.wmv

Just look at the walls and the truck. Youll see its deff switching there. It does this in all levels though, and at all parts of the levels.

Xav
09-10-04, 11:22 PM
I've seen it too and am at a loss on what to do about it. Really annoying.

myshkinbob
09-10-04, 11:41 PM
You could try disabling trilinear and anisotropic optimisations, i think they cause the odd shimmering effect. I recall noticing a similar effect on at least one set of drivers myself, but i don't remember which set i'm afraid.

PSYCHODAD
09-11-04, 10:22 AM
I too would try disabling trilinear opt.

Cali3350
09-11-04, 11:58 AM
ALL Opts are off. High Quality is also selected.

TacT
09-11-04, 03:51 PM
try setting system performance to quality instead of high quality?