PDA

View Full Version : 10 second freezes in-game

superklye
09-11-04, 04:28 PM
I know this has been asked before but I couldn't find any threads that discussed it, so I'm sorry in advance.

But anyway, it's been happening every now and then where the game just freezes for like 10 seconds, annoyingly looping a section of a noise or something the whole time, and then after the 10 seconds or so, the game is fine again. It usually doesn't happen more than once while playing, but every now and then I get it twice.

Anyone know what the issue is? I thought it was maybe because my card is OCed, so I set it back to stock, but it still does it.

superklye
09-12-04, 02:09 PM
Actually, I think I discovered the problem: AIM.

Everytime someone signs off, the game freaks out for a bit.

zafarsaand
09-13-04, 04:21 AM
i m having the same problem.....how it can be fixed?

einstein_314
09-13-04, 12:25 PM
you mean you actually run doom 3 with AIM running? I'd say that's definately the problem.

mrrolf
09-13-04, 01:22 PM
I play with AIM running, and it's never given me problems.

Try putting up an away message, and check the two boxes: Hide windows and Disable Sounds. That works for me.

Vamp
09-26-04, 05:36 PM
If it continues, disable Fastwrites with RivaTuner if you have a Nvidia Card. That solved my freezing problem.

Cheimison
09-26-04, 11:20 PM
you mean you actually run doom 3 with AIM running? I'd say that's definately the problem.
AIM requires like .00005% of system resources to run. I've never had a problem with AIM while running a game. I can run Doom 3 while doing lots of stuff elsewhile.

jAkUp
09-27-04, 02:14 AM
Usually that is related to having Fastwrites on, or your card running too hot. What happens is the card downclocks, and freezes the game for 10 seconds or so.

superklye
09-27-04, 09:43 AM
I think Fastwrites are off and I do put up away messages with the boxes checked.