PDA

View Full Version : IRQ Problem with DFI LanParty NFII

ElderDruid
09-11-04, 10:30 PM
I have a DFI LanParty NFII Ultra B motherboard, and I've run into a problem where the Silicon Image 3114 controller shares the same IRQ (19) with the AGP slot. Needless to say, this will often cause stuttering in games when they are played from one of my SATA drives. I experience no such stuttering when I play the same games from my primary ATA drive.

Someone told me that the IRQ's are hardwired and that the only way this problem can be fixed is to get a different motherboard.

It would be amazing to me if the motherboard designers made this large of a mistake.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Is it true that the IRQ's are most likely hard wired?

Thanks.

Bill The Cat
09-12-04, 02:26 PM
IRQs are hardwired? - That's news to me (seriously), but I haven't played with IRQ's since you had to adjust them on ISA modems, &tc. I know you can (or at least used to) be able to adjust them through software too, or, since the components are integrated on the motherboard, through the BIOS.

I'm sure someone will come along who's more knowledgeable, but until then, try digging through your BIOS and see if you can't adjust them. Adjusting IRQ's and IRQ conflicts used to be an everyday part of life back in the day.