PDA

View Full Version : trading my x800pro vivo for 6800gt

Surealistic
09-12-04, 03:27 AM
as the title says im trading my sapphire x800pro vivo (modded) for an evga 6800, being about the same performance (please dont turn this into a flame war, i love the performance of my x800 but ive never run a nvidia card and its an equal trade)

heres my questions

1. bios flashing, what are my options (if any), going to an ultra and whatnot
2. powersupply, right now i have an antec 350watt, thinking about getting this (http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/psu-94.html?mv_pc=109)
3. im getting the nv silencer5, any installation issues i should know about
4. i have a pci radeon 7000se, any problems running them together?
5. anything else i should know? never run a nvidia card so any help would be great, im planning on using rivatuner to overclock as thats what i use now and am very familiar with it

oh yeah, what about any performance tweaks

thx in advance

oh yeah, please dont tell me how bios flashing or overclocking will kill my card, if i were worried about killing it this way i wouldnt be asking about it

superklye
09-12-04, 01:15 PM
I don't know much about BIOS flashing but I know there is a great little driver addition called CoolBits2 that you can find in the drivers forum. Install those and it gives you much greater control over your card, including OCing. You'll be much happier with your GT, I'm sure of it. :)

Elvis2
09-12-04, 02:02 PM
I upgraded my 9800XT for a BBA x800 Pro and returned it to get my eVGA Ultra. THIS is definitely a keeper. Glad to return to Nvidia after a 2 year hiatus ;)

Saibot
09-12-04, 02:26 PM
Before I built my newest computer I had my 6800GT in Balthasar (see sig). It has a 350W Antec PSU, 2HDD's and other goodies too. Power was never a problem for me, so you might be able to save some money and keep yours. The one you linked to looks pretty nice though, and if you're overclocking it's probably a good idea.

mustrum
09-12-04, 03:59 PM
Your trading that 575/575 VIVO? Is that 575/575 @ 16 pipes? Gawd i wish i had a GT. That's a good trade. If it'S not Doom 3 a 575/575 XT PE should beat a 6800 ULTRA Extreme or be at least even.
I don't know what problem you have with your card but you're going to loose performance. That GT has to pull off a good OC for sure.