PDA

View Full Version : Why Is My Computer So ****ing Noisy?!

Tuork
09-12-04, 05:30 PM
That's it, I'm pissed off right now.

I just woke up after leaving my computer on and it is noisy as it can ****ing possibly be.

I am not overclocking and not running anything that would increase CPU usage by a lot... just music.

I have an a64 3000+ with stock cooling, an msi ti4200 and a thermaltake 480 silent purepower with the secondary fan to it's minimum.

I would expect some noise being with stock cooling, but this is just ****ing ridiculous.

I've had it.

This thing sounds like a ******* vacumm cleaner. Worst thing is here in colombia I have no chance of getting any improved cooling.

I'm REALLY pissed off right now... for other reasons which will not be discussed.

If anyone have any solutions, pray tell befor I go out of my mind.

I need to go ba to sleep.

Out.

Cruel_Logic
09-12-04, 06:01 PM
turn your computer off :)
but seriously, you should turn off every fan in your case one by one and see which ones are the noisiest and chuck them

Head_slinger
09-12-04, 06:57 PM
speed fan is your friend. A64's with C&Q run really cool so you can usually have the fan running very low.

camelot
09-12-04, 07:33 PM
If you really have to have quiet, look at the Zalman silent case. Its not cheap, around $300 i think but the whole case is a heatsink with heatpipes from the CPU, GPU and so on.

You must be hyper sensitive to noise though, my Cooler Master case has 4 case fans, the CPU and GPU fans and a PSU fan and the tower sits next to my monitor about 12" away from my ears and its not loud at all. Maybe you have a bad fan?

EDIT : link to case - http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/view.asp?idx=64&code=020

Sazar
09-12-04, 07:50 PM
the stock cooler for the a64 @ load does tend to get a little loud..

on my system I run msi's corecenter to limit the rpm on it to a manageable level otherwise it is quite noticeably loud..

if you have a similar management software use it else get a different heatsink with a quieter fan on it...

FastM
09-12-04, 08:25 PM
the stock cooler for the a64 @ load does tend to get a little loud..

on my system I run msi's corecenter to limit the rpm on it to a manageable level otherwise it is quite noticeably loud..

if you have a similar management software use it else get a different heatsink with a quieter fan on it...

you should hear the stock coolers that come with Prescott's now :eek:

vampireuk
09-13-04, 02:50 AM
Stick a Delta 80mm in your system for a week then remove it, suddenly it won't seem so loud :D

Hari Seldon
09-13-04, 12:51 PM
You could try a Thermailright XP-120 (http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&number=1&artpage=851&articID=220) , or if you really want quiet cpu cooling, the Zalman Reserator 1 (http://www.ipkonfig.com/cms/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=144&Itemid=29&limit=1&limitstart=0).
Ofcouse, it could be some other fan that are making the noise, for me it was the NB fan on an old Epox slot A mobo...

majortom
09-13-04, 01:48 PM
What? Speak Up! I Cant Hear You! Your Computer's So Loud That I Can't Hear You Over The Internet!!!

Tuork
09-13-04, 03:43 PM
What? Speak Up! I Cant Hear You! Your Computer's So Loud That I Can't Hear You Over The Internet!!!

... I'm going to cut you up, biatch. :angel2:

OldOfEvil
09-20-04, 11:07 PM
Sorry, after living with my 5800 Ultra, and not being botherd by it much, nothing is real loud.. of course, maybe thats 'cause I have my Klipsch 2.1 turned up loud all the damn time.. heh