PDA

View Full Version : SilverStone Temjin 5 VS Thermaltake Tsunami

CriPPleR_HD
09-13-04, 03:32 AM
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these two cases? I am building a new PC and I need to order my case Friday.

http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling/showdoc.aspx?i=2202
http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling/showdoc.aspx?i=2180

Which of the two would you pick? I am not worried about the price difference I just want the one that will keep my gear cool with little noise as possible. Good looks is a plus. :)

Thanks in advance,

CriPPleR

saturnotaku
09-13-04, 06:28 AM
I like the simplicity of the SilverStone. Most Thermaltake cases are a bit too "showy" for my taste.

|JuiceZ|
09-13-04, 08:18 AM
The SilverStone case w/o a doubt. Even though they're technically a "new" company, they're made up of several former employees from CoolerMaster's case division. CM has been mfgr of some of the most beautifully constructed cases in the market for yrs. If you've ever owned one, you'd know what I mean ;)

stncttr908
09-13-04, 09:30 AM
I'd go for the ThermalTake. The SilverStone is freakin' ugly and probably weighs a ton with its steel construction.

circuitbreaker8
09-15-04, 11:25 PM
Thermaltake products are sh!t...period. EVERY damn thing the make is an exact copy of something + a little computer rice to cover it up.

Riptide
09-16-04, 09:07 AM
I think the tsunami looks a bit better than the silverstone, but that's just MO.

CriPPleR_HD
09-16-04, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the help guys.

It was a tough call but I am gonna go with the SilverStone Temjin 5. For the following reasons.

" like the simplicity of the SilverStone. Most Thermaltake cases are a bit too "showy" for my taste." -saturnotaku NvNews

I feel the exact same way but I was willing to get the Thermaltake if it was quieter and cooled my gear better then the SilverStone.

"The SilverStone case w/o a doubt. Even though they're technically a "new" company, they're made up of several former employees from CoolerMaster's case division. CM has been mfgr of some of the most beautifully constructed cases in the market for yrs. If you've ever owned one, you'd know what I mean" -|JuiceZ|NVNews

Great INFO! I had no idea SilverStone was made up of former CM employees. This makes me feel better about purchasing a case from them.

The following quote was the won that won me over:

"I have no idea about SilverStone case(your links do not work), but I would recommend satying away from Tsunami. This is the case that I currently own and this is the case that is being replaced by CoolerMaster Stacker today due to insufficient cooling and space. It is sure very nice looking, but as a mid-tower it is also lacking two mentioned above qualitites which are very important to me.

If you're running two HD's and a 9600XT you'll be fine, but, if like me, you have four HD's, 6800 Ultra and seven case fans then you might want to look for something else. I bought the case solely because of its nice looks, but as you can tell already got burned wasting close to $150. Consider carefully what you buy.

P.S. Just saw the same videocard I own in your signature. It is going to be tight with Tsunami, very tight." -AcidJazz Rage3d

Since AcidJazz owns the Thermaltake Tsunami, he was able to give me some great Pros and Cons.

I respect the opinions of the people who liked the Thermaltake but no one really said anything that will make me take the Thermaltake over the SilverStone.

Once again thanks! All your info helped a ton. :super:

CriPPleR