PDA

View Full Version : Second screen keeps blanking/turning off in dualsceen setup

Toro22
09-13-04, 08:30 AM
HELP
Hi

I've updated my system to a MSI K8N with a Athlon 64 tingy, and a ASUS 6800 GT card. 400W northQ powersupply.

Its connected to two identical ViewSonic E95 screens.

In normal windows operation the second screen, the one connected to the VGA
connector goes black, and aften a litte while shuts itself down. Then after
a short or long while i comes back up..

I assumed this to be an electrial fault in the card, so I tried a second
6800 card, from GainWard. It had a similar problem......

I have measured/logged the voltages supplied to the card, 5 and 12V are
stable within 1%

From the "smart doctor" i am measuring the Vcore, and Vcc +++ and set the
alarms to 1%. Until now, no alerts.

FB Vddq (Videoram voltage) is the only voltage that is "off" - 2.63 instead of 2.7V

I havent experienced any problems running single screen.

Does anybody have any ideas ??? Please ?

imemine
09-13-04, 10:34 AM
i had a ti4600 dual-dvi with dual lcd viewsonic vx2000s which ran fine the past two years, i just got two dell 2001fps, and now have the same problem, random blanking on one screen for a second or two every so many seconds/minutes. i switched it out with a gainward 5600 dual-dvi card, and still have the same problem. i cant find anything which even comes close to fixing or reducing it, tried the bios, different nvidia drivers, etc.
i hope someone can give some insight. i also get random horizontal lines on the monitor that blinks on/off that come on for half second.
even with p4c800e running at stock speed,and the videocard at stock speed. same thing.

subbo
09-13-04, 12:35 PM
The 6800 DVI fiasko is because in the Ti4 series there were one or even two dedicated silicon image DVI chips, but now they've integrated the DVI function into the GPU and this is what we get.. noncompliant or buggy DVI support.

They save a few cents from not having the extra chips and yet we pay the same as always and a backstep in quality.

It might be fixed in a future bios or driver update though. Sure hope so.

Gator
09-13-04, 01:03 PM
The 6800 DVI fiasko is because in the Ti4 series there were one or even two dedicated silicon image DVI chips, but now they've integrated the DVI function into the GPU and this is what we get.. noncompliant or buggy DVI support.

They save a few cents from not having the extra chips and yet we pay the same as always and a backstep in quality.

It might be fixed in a future bios or driver update though. Sure hope so.

Holy crap! As a dual display user I'm glad I didn't upgrade to a 6800! Does this only affect dual DVI users? If you have 1 DVI and 1 analog does it work ok?

Toro22
09-13-04, 01:28 PM
Ive connected two analog monitors, one - the troubled one thru' the VGA connector, the other thru' the DVI via the converter.

SignorSalad
09-13-04, 01:33 PM
Holy crap! As a dual display user I'm glad I didn't upgrade to a 6800! Does this only affect dual DVI users? If you have 1 DVI and 1 analog does it work ok?

I have a 6800 GT, with the primary LCD connected via DVI and a secondary LCD connected via analog, and this is not an issue for me. I have seen it happen, where the 2nd analog screen will blank for a second or 2, but this is extremely rare in my current setup (ie. its happened between 5 and 10 times in 2 months) .

However I have had other issues: I am still using the 61.36 beta's, as dual-view does not work at all for me in the 61.77 and 62.xx drivers. Haven't tried anything above 62.xx though.

Toro22
09-13-04, 06:57 PM
Yes it flashes...but its stays off for long periods - often...
But Im using the latest driver - maybe Ill install some older driver...?