PDA

View Full Version : thanks alot newegg

thunderhippo
09-13-04, 04:35 PM
i ordered 1800 worth of parts..
they all came.. motherboard was in a white box with no manual or wires..
called them up and they said it was refurbished.. REFURBISHED!
i always liked newegg.. not anymore..

ragejg
09-13-04, 04:39 PM
umm, how bout a linky to the exact product you ordered... Maybe you searched by price, and didn't notice the refurb designation?

-=DVS=-
09-13-04, 09:01 PM
Does motherboard work ? was it good price ?

stncttr908
09-14-04, 12:06 PM
Yeah, they don't just send you a new motherboard in a while box. You probably were the one making the mistake here.

Cota
09-14-04, 02:39 PM
I've been a newegg customer for like a year and I have ordered refurbished items. I've had no problems at all.

GravY
09-16-04, 01:22 PM
Yeah, they don't just send you a new motherboard in a while box. You probably were the one making the mistake here.

bingo!

|JuiceZ|
09-16-04, 02:32 PM
Yea Newegg isn't some hole in the wall, they're one of the best if not the best online retailers around & have hassle free customer service. You think it could be possible during the midst of you selecting your $1800.00 worth of new parts you could have possibly selected a refurb part instead of new? Besides, if it works great, what's the big deal?

CaptNKILL
09-16-04, 02:37 PM
Yea Newegg isn't some hole in the wall, they're one of the best if not the best online retailers around & have hassle free customer service. You think it could be possible during the midst of you selecting your $1800.00 worth of new parts you could have possibly selected a refurb part instead of new? Besides, if it works great, what's the big deal?
Well, if its refurb, you get no cables, no manual, no box, no warranty...

But I agree, it was probably an error on your part thunderhippo. Id say, if its a big problem, just buy a new retail boxed motherboard from them and sell the other on Ebay (or if you can still return it, send it back to them). Problem solved.

Since you havent responded to this thread, im guessing you looked at your reciept and it said you ordered the refurb :p

JayrodTremonki
09-18-04, 02:06 AM
Guys, you don't have to respond so harshly. Hippo, if they sell you a refurb item then they always put REFURBISHED in bold next to the item. If you missed it, you can probably return it and pay the difference + extra shipping. I'd like to think that Newegg wouldn't send you one if you ordered a new item, but they're a cold, heartless company like all the rest. Just look at the recent gouging on....everything. Please respond to your topic to shed a little light on the situation =)

CaptNKILL
09-18-04, 03:04 AM
Guys, you don't have to respond so harshly. Hippo, if they sell you a refurb item then they always put REFURBISHED in bold next to the item. If you missed it, you can probably return it and pay the difference + extra shipping. I'd like to think that Newegg wouldn't send you one if you ordered a new item, but they're a cold, heartless company like all the rest. Just look at the recent gouging on....everything. Please respond to your topic to shed a little light on the situation =)
Who was harsh? (gay)

retsam
09-18-04, 06:30 AM
newegg = evil i have hzd nothing but trouble with newegg ... twice i have ordered stuff for next day .. when the site had said it was in stock ... and in fact it was not... gee they dont care that small buisnesses depend heavyly on this stuff

netviper13
09-18-04, 02:13 PM
Interesting, I've placed 20-30 orders from them in the past year and all have been flawless. Ordered a PSU next-day about a month ago and it arrived right on time.

LTech221
09-18-04, 02:32 PM
Ditto, i always get stuff from there with 2day express and it always comes 1 day early.

camelot
09-18-04, 04:29 PM
Gotta love people who start threads like this then never reply to answer questions :lame:

Rogozhin
09-21-04, 10:36 PM
I've never had a problem with newegg-ordered over 20,000 worth of hardware over the last 2 years-I suspect it's your own error-but it COULD be theirs-but I doubt they'd have done it on purpose.

Rogo

Gator
09-22-04, 07:34 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Did you ever check the recept to see if it said Refurb? And ya if you really want the full retail just buy it and sell the Refurb one on ebay.

I've been using Newegg almost exclusively since 2002. Between myself, my friends, and my family I've given them literally thousands of dollars in business. And not once have they ever screwed me on anything I purchased, nor anyone I refered to them. In fact I've actually tried a few other companies, and they've either sent me the wrong parts or given me crumby customer service. So use Newegg whenever possible ;)

Note-worthy exception... I buy my LCD's from http://www.nm-select.com ;)

renegade77
09-25-04, 10:23 PM
Yeh ive orderd from new egg also, and i love em good prices and good service, i to get stuff one day early from em.

PaiN
09-25-04, 10:48 PM
I had a small PC business for a few years and I continue to do a large amount of PC "side" jobs and builds.....95% of the parts I order come from Newegg.com ....its got to be upwards of $40-50,000 in business I've done with them and the only mistakes I've had with them are the ones I've made....

YOGIx213
09-25-04, 11:17 PM
Never had a problem with Newegg. Whenever I do online shopping for computer parts, I always check their site first and use their prices as a starting point when doing my research. 9 out of 10 times I end up purchasing from them after researching because they usually have the best prices (usually). I just got my Samsung 710N LCD from them and got it with free ground shipping. I have no problems with Newegg but Fedex is a different story. Newegg sent the monitor out the same day I ordered (last Wednesday) and Fedex had it in Los Angeles (where I live the very next day. Because it was shipped using Express Saver, Fedex held my package in their facility till Friday. Still, it came fast but it was frustrating knowing that my LCD was sitting just a few miles from me and I couldn't get it. Ahhh, I'm complaining over nothing! Disregard! :)

wickfut
09-26-04, 06:24 AM
I've never had a problem with newegg-ordered over 20,000 worth of hardware over the last 2 years-

my god man , are you building a weather satalite or something ?