PDA

View Full Version : Operation Flashpoint 2

zoomy942
09-14-04, 10:22 AM
I dont know how many people liked this game, but in its day, it was the BEST FPS time i have ever had. The ability to have an objective and then use any means you want to achieve it was great. I just cant wait for Operation Flashpoint 2! Is there anyone that likes that game? i have had buddies here at work try it but they dont want to give it a fair chance... they try it for 2 minutes and hate it. they dont know what they are missing.

Fatman
09-14-04, 10:35 AM
Indeed a damn fine game. Tons of mods and add-ons too. I recently heard that FP2 was pushed back to 2006, not sure if it's true though.

zoomy942
09-14-04, 10:45 AM
Indeed a damn fine game. Tons of mods and add-ons too. I recently heard that FP2 was pushed back to 2006, not sure if it's true though.
:afraid: :afraid:

zoomy942
09-14-04, 10:52 AM
the best part was to be a part of special forces with the silenced machine gun and go and kill the shilka drivers and steal their tank!

Fatman
09-14-04, 01:41 PM
I really dig shooting down choppers with RPGs. It's hard as hell, but fun. Especially fun, if it crashes into a house. Maybe we should setup a game for all nVnews forum dwellers who like FlashPoint.

zoomy942
09-14-04, 01:46 PM
i'd be curious to see how many people here actually like that game. you know something? when i get tired of any new games i have or i am bored.. the only game i keep giong back to is operation flashpoint. it never gets old

nVidi0t
09-14-04, 02:14 PM
Flashpoint was absolutely stunning. I must have spent over 1000 hours playing that on LAN with friends. I heard the Flashpoint 2 engine is already being used by the Marines as a simulator. No news on the game itself though.

nVidi0t
09-14-04, 02:15 PM
Anyone single handedly finished the Lost Squad mission? Man, that is such an intense scenario.

SH64
09-14-04, 02:19 PM
(w/opics)

I like Op:FlashPoint very much . i'm just getting busy with all them FP shooters around & getting desperate from these lengthy release dates/delays.

LT.Schaffer
09-14-04, 02:48 PM
Flashpoint Rocks!!!

Raptorman
09-14-04, 10:59 PM
Flashpoint, imo, is one of the greatest FPS' ever made. I've spent countless hours making missions for that game. I can't wait for OFP2.

Mr.Clawz950
09-15-04, 10:15 AM
Unfortunately the 'rumor' of OFP2 being delayed til 2006 is infact true. So it looks like us OFP fans will have to wait awhile for the next installment. I myself love and still play OFP every day. I remember I bought it the first day of its US release and immediately learned all of the scripts for the mission builder. I made the first true HALO mission and tons of Tank vs Tank missions. I also specialized in SpecOp missions (especially night) and co-produced a remake of the Afghanistan mission last year. And yes, I finished the Lost Squad alone and to be honest it was rather mundane.

Rooster_11
09-16-04, 12:55 PM
(w/opics)

I like Op:FlashPoint very much . i'm just getting busy with all them FP shooters around & getting desperate from these lengthy release dates/delays.

i've never seen any screenshots from flashpoint. anyone willing to show some?

Fatman
09-16-04, 01:46 PM
There are no screen shots afaik. The delay is rumored to be because of the corporate politics. The game was supposed to focus on fictional conflicts, but supposedly in light of real life desert storm 2, Axis of Evil, North Korea, etc and other more plausible, realistic scenarios. Codemasters decided to capitalize on the CNN headlines a la Zero Hour. We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

aaahhh52
09-16-04, 02:50 PM
heh i guess im the only guy in here that absolutely hated that game....one of the few wargames that i ever hated, it could have been cause i had 56k and a mx440 64 mb then too, but i dunno i had it for a few months just couldnt get into it

Fatman
09-16-04, 03:29 PM
heh i guess im the only guy in here that absolutely hated that game....one of the few wargames that i ever hated, it could have been cause i had 56k and a mx440 64 mb then too, but i dunno i had it for a few months just couldnt get into it

How can one like war games and not like FlashPoint? That's like saying i like girls but I hate vaginas.

nVidi0t
09-16-04, 04:01 PM
bahahaha.

zoomy942
09-16-04, 04:05 PM
How can one like war games and not like FlashPoint? That's like saying i like girls but I hate vaginas.

hahahaha :lol2: :lol2:

Mr.Clawz950
09-16-04, 04:29 PM

ROFL :lol2:

Instant Classic .....

aaahhh52
09-17-04, 08:08 PM

lol good point, but i have never not liked a war game except flashpoint

CaptNKILL
09-17-04, 08:19 PM
lol good point, but i have never not liked a war game except flashpoint
More of a T&A kinda guy are ya?