PDA

View Full Version : Awesome power supply from Ultra Products!~!Check it out!!

Pages : [1] 2

Eltigre88
09-14-04, 09:28 PM
www.ultraproducts.com/item.php?sku=U10-9510%20MS
:nanahump:
I got one on the way and can wait!(but I have too cause I'm in UAE)

Clay
09-14-04, 09:32 PM
www.ultraproducts.com/item.php?sku=U10-9510%20MS
:nanahump:
I got one on the way and can wait!(but I have too cause I'm in UAE)
That is one slick looking PSU, not to mention the modular molex drops...very cool :cool:

CaptNKILL
09-14-04, 09:32 PM
Wow that is freaking awesome.

If I needed a good PSU Id grab that... that is an awesome idea. Never again will we have to cram extra wires into empty drive bays. They simply wont be there unless you need them :D

Pandora's Box
09-14-04, 09:36 PM
Not that i plan on buying one, but wheres the price?

Sazar
09-14-04, 09:37 PM
that looks nice :D

more makers seem to be coming out with that... antec has a nice little thinger as well :)

love the amps on the 12v rail... :cool:

Rytr
09-14-04, 09:44 PM
Checked 3 sites. Looks like it is being advertised for around $100. Like the features and should help clean up the wiring clutter. :D

XP_GUN
09-14-04, 09:49 PM
I think I found my new power supply for my Senior Project.

Senior projects are what my school dose, you can learn or do something like reading in German or snow boarding but It has to be something that you haven't done before, My project will be a built from the ground case with water cooling. I'm still trying to get the look I want, all I know is that its going to be out of clear green and clear plexiglass. I might have a picture later on what the case will look like. :rolleyes:

O yeah I live is socal.

Surealistic
09-15-04, 01:04 AM
ill let yall know how it works

<--put order in yesterday for the black one

jAkUp
09-15-04, 01:25 AM
Nice... 34A on the 12v is nice ;)

FastM
09-15-04, 01:51 AM
the 12v is but the other two are a little weak for a 500watt powersupply. It aint no neopower :)

mustrum
09-15-04, 01:57 AM
Very weak 5v rail. My Athlon XP would bring that PSU to sweat thatS' for sure.
At 2.4ghz it burnt out a forton with 28A on the 5v rail. My enermax 431W has 44A on the 5v rail and now it's running fine.
The strong volt rail makes it good for a P4 system with a 6800 Ultra but i'd never buy a PSU with that unbalanced rails.
Btw: AMDs suck a lot from the 5v rail.
Edit: Antec has those molex plugs too.

Eltigre88
09-15-04, 06:14 AM
Nope! You guys need to read the reviews like the one at pimp rig. This baby will run at 500 watts continuously!! So nothing will make it sweat. Do a google search for reviews and see what I mean. I'm glad I'm not the only one who is excited about this.
HERE!
http://reviews.pimprig.com/power_supply/x-connect_500w_psu.php

Eltigre88
09-15-04, 06:21 AM
Very weak 5v rail. My Athlon XP would bring that PSU to sweat thatS' for sure.
At 2.4ghz it burnt out a forton with 28A on the 5v rail. My enermax 431W has 44A on the 5v rail and now it's running fine.
The strong volt rail makes it good for a P4 system with a 6800 Ultra but i'd never buy a PSU with that unbalanced rails.
Btw: AMDs suck a lot from the 5v rail.
Edit: Antec has those molex plugs too.

Yes they talk about the Antec model and how this one beats it in the review.

mustrum
09-15-04, 06:49 AM
Then it must be a decent PSU indeed sicne antec are among the best.

cambrian
09-15-04, 08:22 AM

They're talking about how it beats a regular comparable antec truepower psu, NOT the neopower. I haven't seen a side by side comparison between this psu and the neopower so I can't say. But the neopower would probably perform better given its dual rails? Plus, I think the neopower is a good investment for future systems because it supports practically everything (definitely pci-express).

OWA
09-15-04, 09:38 AM
Wow, that looks great and after having to re-do all my connections for the Ultra something like this would have been a godsend. I'll definitely check it out and the antec one (I didn't know others had the modular connections already and that is a great idea!).

Riptide
09-15-04, 09:42 AM
If you use almost all your connectors then the modular design doesn't really do much for you. But if you don't then it ofcourse is a nicety for sure...

311Sam
09-15-04, 04:25 PM
i li (http://www.mastabeta.com/intro.JPG)ke

Eltigre88
09-16-04, 05:03 PM
Mine is sitting in my house as we speak!! But I will not see it till December! Bummer!!!

CaptNKILL
09-16-04, 06:48 PM
I think I found my new power supply for my Senior Project.

Senior projects are what my school dose, you can learn or do something like reading in German or snow boarding but It has to be something that you haven't done before, My project will be a built from the ground case with water cooling. I'm still trying to get the look I want, all I know is that its going to be out of clear green and clear plexiglass. I might have a picture later on what the case will look like. :rolleyes:

O yeah I live is socal.
Itl probably look cool but plexiglass cases are a pain in the ass. They smudge, rattle, are mostly air tight (which is real bad for cooling) and arent very durable. If you want to do it, itl probably look cool. But its a LOT different than a normal metal case, so you have to treat it special. Wear gloves when you mess with it so it doesnt get smudged.

GlowStick
09-16-04, 07:17 PM
I have this PSU and am pritty impressed about it, however warning in Extremely large cases the cables are a very tight fit, however most cases they are just right. However my mobo reports that my 12v is a bit low and it dose flux, im not sure if its causeing any problems however.

Eltigre88
09-16-04, 08:32 PM
Itl probably look cool but plexiglass cases are a pain in the ass. They smudge, rattle, are mostly air tight (which is real bad for cooling) and arent very durable. If you want to do it, itl probably look cool. But its a LOT different than a normal metal case, so you have to treat it special. Wear gloves when you mess with it so it doesnt get smudged.

Also there is a defenite grounding issue with plastic cases!

Eltigre88
09-19-04, 07:59 AM
Ultra Products is sending me my free SATA cable so I should be all set when I get back to the states!

Eltigre88
09-23-04, 03:12 AM
I know some of you have ordered these! So tell us what do you think? Did it install ok? Let me know what I have to deal with when I get home.

GlowStick
09-23-04, 03:31 PM
Its an alright Powersupply, and it is slient, however the fans really dont push any air, not sure if its good or bad. However things to consider is the wires arnet flexable at all espically the mobo one.