PDA

View Full Version : Help to test software for SM3.0

Charlie Chang
09-15-04, 09:59 AM
Hi Netters

Recently we released a new video player that supports DX9.0c, HLSL, and
Shader Model 3.0. Could any users who have GeForce 6 Series to help us test
the software on SM3.0 for video special effects? The software can be downloaded from http://www.neatware.com/player/download.html

Thanks for help.

Charlie Chang
Neatware
:nanahump:

Cruel_Logic
09-15-04, 10:21 AM
it worked beautifully for a minute, but then my computer crashed...
happenes every time, not sure what to tell you.

Diamond_G
09-15-04, 01:17 PM
do you have a support forum?

Cota
09-15-04, 02:40 PM
If I understand well its like using ffdshow filters but using the GPU pixel shaders instead of the CPU.

311Sam
09-15-04, 05:24 PM
hm sm3. (http://www.mastabeta.com/intro.JPG)0

Charlie Chang
09-15-04, 08:02 PM
it worked beautifully for a minute, but then my computer crashed...
happenes every time, not sure what to tell you.

It may be a glitch that we have fixed. When you choose
the vs_3_0 and ps_3_0 shaders make sure you select
one HLSL shader such as Default in the list.

Charlie Chang
09-15-04, 08:05 PM
do you have a support forum?

You can visit http://www.neatware.com/player/forum.html
and add your comments at the bottom. We are going to post
your comments. It may not a complete forum.

Charlie Chang
09-15-04, 08:10 PM
If I understand well its like using ffdshow filters but using the GPU pixel shaders instead of the CPU.

The DXShow filters are working for codecs. The GPU pixel shaders
work for video post-processing. And you can write your own HLSL
shaders for visual special effects. Double click the item in the
shader list you can read the source of HLSL. And you can also
add new shaders.

FierceDeityLink
09-15-04, 09:05 PM
Do 61.77s work with SM3.0 without any modifications? I installed the one straight off of NVIDIA's FTP (whereas I read about extracting the exe and such).

Charlie Chang
09-15-04, 10:10 PM
Do 61.77s work with SM3.0 without any modifications? I installed the one straight off of NVIDIA's FTP (whereas I read about extracting the exe and such).
Should work. The minimum support for SM3.0 is 61.34.
You can try our software to see if it works for you.
Remember to install DX9.0c.

saturnotaku
09-15-04, 10:13 PM
The software seemed to work all right. My higher-resolution DivX movies looked fanstastic with no crashing. But my lower-res movies looked way too blurry to be enjoyable. There has to be an option within this player to not automatically go full-screen with each movie. Also, the controls are a bit buggered. The function keys don't always respond they way they're supposed to. Most times hitting one of them will do absolutely nothing.

Diamond_G
09-15-04, 10:50 PM
blank screen when i try to use vs_3.0 but works fine if I use vs_2.0. and the fx thing doesn't work.

i'm using 65.73

fivefeet8
09-15-04, 11:43 PM
Works fine here with VS3, PS3, and FX3.. Controls are borked though. Pretty cool.

Charlie Chang
09-16-04, 09:39 AM
blank screen when i try to use vs_3.0 but works fine if I use vs_2.0. and the fx thing doesn't work.

i'm using 65.73

I guess vs_3_0 must be used along with ps_3_0.
This may be required for all SM3.0 but I am not sure.
Make sure to select an item in the shader list.

Diamond_G
09-16-04, 12:09 PM
yup selected vs3, ps3 and fx3 and your banner flashed every once and a while. the sound played just fine though... change to vs2, leaving ps3, and it worked just fine... all were set to default (especially since ps3 was the only one that showed anything other than default)

Charlie Chang
09-16-04, 08:46 PM
yup selected vs3, ps3 and fx3 and your banner flashed every once and a while. the sound played just fine though... change to vs2, leaving ps3, and it worked just fine... all were set to default (especially since ps3 was the only one that showed anything other than default)

Is it the problem of driver? The default vs is HLSL code so it should be
independent on versions.

Cota
09-16-04, 11:28 PM
The DXShow filters are working for codecs. The GPU pixel shaders
work for video post-processing. And you can write your own HLSL
shaders for visual special effects. Double click the item in the
shader list you can read the source of HLSL. And you can also
add new shaders.

ffdshow filters are also used for post processing, i.e. image sharpening, gaussian blur, deblocking and the like, which are used to increase image quality. As a matter of fact htpcnews.com has a guide for dvd post processing using fdshow.

AFAIK nvidia is working on a media player which will support post processing via SM3.0

I visited the neatware site and your player looks really impressive, don't have a nv4x card to test it tough.

Charlie Chang
09-17-04, 09:36 AM
ffdshow filters are also used for post processing, i.e. image sharpening, gaussian blur, deblocking and the like, which are used to increase image quality. As a matter of fact htpcnews.com has a guide for dvd post processing using fdshow.

AFAIK nvidia is working on a media player which will support post processing via SM3.0

I visited the neatware site and your player looks really impressive, don't have a nv4x card to test it tough.

Thanks for your information.

Tested ffdshow. It is a decoder with a post-processing. Ne@tware Player
is compatible with ffdshow. ffdshow do post-processing on CPU and then
we can do further on pixel shader in GPU. There is not any conflicts.
Howerver, to do post-processing with HLSL on GPU is more scalable. For
example, by using SM3.0 we can implement more complex non-separatable
filters. And Current GPU's computing power is 40GFlops vs. CPU's 4GFlops.

By the way the noise filter in ffdshow looks nice.

Charlie Chang
09-17-04, 09:46 AM
The software seemed to work all right. My higher-resolution DivX movies looked fanstastic with no crashing. But my lower-res movies looked way too blurry to be enjoyable. There has to be an option within this player to not automatically go full-screen with each movie. Also, the controls are a bit buggered. The function keys don't always respond they way they're supposed to. Most times hitting one of them will do absolutely nothing.

We checked it. Could you please try to press the Mapper button and click
the Reset to see if the function keys work? The list will show the mapping
of keys.