PDA

View Full Version : Fixed Aspect Ratio and 6x.xx

cube
09-15-04, 03:13 PM
I made a thread like this at another forum, but I would also like to post it here in case anyone is able to shed any light on the situation:

I sent the following e-mail to Galaxy, but I don't think they'll know what to do with it, however this is a legitimate flaw with the drivers and requires urgent resolution.

Are any of the administrators able to contact nvidia and tell them about this?

Below is the e-mail I sent detailing the fault, but if anyone is able to suggest a solution I would be very grateful.

---------------

Dear Sir,

I recently purchased a Galaxy 6800 graphics card and would like to raise an issue with regards the graphics driver, which if possible you can inform nVIDIA of.

The fault is related to the ‘Fixed Aspect Ratio’ option in the driver control panel. When selected, an incorrect refresh rate is displayed on my monitor. The refresh rate set is to 60Hz, however the monitor displays 75Hz. The monitor is connected via DVI and is a Samsung SyncMaster 171p.

This error is observed in Forceware driver version 61.77 and all 6x.xx drivers.

It would be much appreciated if this is forwarded to nVIDIA and the error can be corrected. Please note that this error also occurred on a GeForce 4 Ti4200 with the 6x.xx drivers, however the 5x.xx series drivers do display the correct refresh rate when the ‘Fixed Aspect Ratio’ option is selected.

Furthermore, the 6x.xx drivers are no longer capable of displaying resolutions such as 1280*960, which was not the case with the 5x.xx drivers.

I hope these issues can be addressed.

Regards,

Yaqub

saturnotaku
09-15-04, 03:18 PM
Furthermore, the 6x.xx drivers are no longer capable of displaying resolutions such as 1280*960, which was not the case with the 5x.xx drivers.

Don't know about the rest of your problems, but every single 6x.xx Forceware driver I've tried has been capable of 1280x960 resolution - that's where I run my desktop and it's been perfect every time.

Do you have the latest .inf driver for your monitor? If you do, perhaps you could try and switch it to "Plug and Play" monitor. When I had an LCD, I had to do it this way in order to be able to run at 75 Hz at my display's native resolution (1280x1024).

Also, what are the rest of your system specs?

cube
09-15-04, 03:39 PM
I do have the latest inf file.

System spec doesn't make a difference because I have the same problem with 6x.xx drivers on a completely different system with a Ti4200 on the same model of LCD.

I did just try switiching to Plug and Play monitor, but had the same fault.

Thanks for your help anyway.

cube
09-15-04, 04:16 PM
ok, I switiched to analogue and everything is working fine, but this is isn't ideal at all especially since DVI is available and since it has been working on previous drivers.

311Sam
09-15-04, 04:30 PM
you mean something like this:

http://www.mastabeta.com/intro.JPG

?? :rolleyes:

Arioch
09-15-04, 04:33 PM
*edit* - problem fixed thanks to the mods.

311Sam
09-15-04, 04:44 PM
Ok I knew this asshat was trouble - can we get him banned now?

oh come on now :ORDER: