PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry Patch plans

Ghostguy
09-16-04, 09:49 AM
Please note that Far Cry patch 1.25 is still undergoing tweaking at Crytek. We'll give you more news on that as soon as we're able.

sorry if this was already posted.
The above was seen @ Blues

Riptide
09-16-04, 10:14 AM
<yawn> (mag)

aAv7
09-16-04, 11:30 AM
So their just ignoring the 1.3 patch I assume? It's funny....their "tweaking" the 1.25 patch....what exactly needs tweaking? Last time I checked the 4.9 cats fixed all problems with ati cards and the 1.2 patch. They need to move their butts on the 1.3 patch so we can play the famous rocks on the beach scene that jakup got to play @ e3....and ati owners can have 3dc. We dont want a 1.25 patch that fixes problems already fixed by video card drivers. :rolleyes: Redundant.

superklye
09-16-04, 12:02 PM
So their just ignoring the 1.3 patch I assume? It's funny....their "tweaking" the 1.25 patch....what exactly needs tweaking? Last time I checked the 4.9 cats fixed all problems with ati cards and the 1.2 patch. They need to move their butts on the 1.3 patch so we can play the famous rocks on the beach scene that jakup got to play @ e3....and ati owners can have 3dc. We dont want a 1.25 patch that fixes problems already fixed by video card drivers. :rolleyes: Redundant.

Well let's see:

1.2 was released and recalled.
1.3 was never made

1.25 is between 1.2 and 1.3...maybe they're taking the best of both worlds here? And what does the version number have to do with anything? They could call it 10.0 and it could be just the 1.2 patch again...the numbers are just an arbitrary system to let users know there is something different than the boxed version. Besides did they actually say it was going to be version 1.3?

nutcrackr
09-16-04, 12:09 PM
I had problems with the the 1.2 patch on my 9700pro, 4.9's didn't fix it.

Pandora's Box
09-16-04, 12:10 PM
Well let's see:

1.2 was released and recalled.
1.3 was never made

1.25 is between 1.2 and 1.3...maybe they're taking the best of both worlds here? And what does the version number have to do with anything? They could call it 10.0 and it could be just the 1.2 patch again...the numbers are just an arbitrary system to let users know there is something different than the boxed version. Besides did they actually say it was going to be version 1.3?

yes they did say that there was going to be a version 1.3. i believe in a firingsquad.com interview. it was supposed to add hdr for nvidia and 3dc for ati among other things.

superklye
09-16-04, 12:23 PM
yes they did say that there was going to be a version 1.3. i believe in a firingsquad.com interview. it was supposed to add hdr for nvidia and 3dc for ati among other things.

And since this isn't labeled as 1.3, it means that it's for sure not 1.3 in disguise?

aAv7
09-16-04, 01:07 PM
Well when they say 1.25-it sounds to me, like a fixed version of 1.2, if it had hdr and 3dc, I dont see why they would call it 1.25. They would just release 1.3 and say all fixes for 1.2 are in this patch. 1.25 gives off the impression that it's a small fix, rather than a huge change. Kind of like any other sotware...1.1.5 is always less impressive than 2.0 and so on. We're just using a little common-sense....try it sometime. :D

Vagrant Zero
09-16-04, 01:16 PM
Patch 1.2 craps out on me [got a GT] so no, there were issues with it.

superklye
09-16-04, 01:21 PM
Well when they say 1.25-it sounds to me, like a fixed version of 1.2, if it had hdr and 3dc, I dont see why they would call it 1.25. They would just release 1.3 and say all fixes for 1.2 are in this patch. 1.25 gives off the impression that it's a small fix, rather than a huge change. Kind of like any other sotware...1.1.5 is always less impressive than 2.0 and so on. We're just using a little common-sense....try it sometime. :D

I'm lacking common sense? Do you even know what's going into the 1.25 patch yet? Why not wait to bitch about it not being 1.3 until you find out exactly what's in it. Maybe it IS 1.3 but they decided to call it 1.25 instead. Did you ever stop to use *gasp* common sense and think about that?

superklye
09-16-04, 01:23 PM
Look, the point is the next Warcraft 3 patch could be 1.17 or it could be 1.4 and you know what? It would have the same stuff in it no matter what it's called. That's the point. You're saying that the patch number "gives the impression" that it's not as good when the simple fact remains that you just don't know what the patch is going to contain.

Pandora's Box
09-16-04, 01:23 PM
I'm lacking common sense? Do you even know what's going into the 1.25 patch yet? Why not wait to bitch about it not being 1.3 until you find out exactly what's in it. Maybe it IS 1.3 but they decided to call it 1.25 instead. Did you ever stop to use *gasp* common sense and think about that?

personal attack 4 teh loose. :rolleyes:

superklye
09-16-04, 01:36 PM
personal attack 4 teh loose. :rolleyes:

personal attack? i didn't call him any names...i threw back what he said to me.

|JuiceZ|
09-16-04, 01:40 PM
Have a :beer: ladies, it's really not that serious....

aAv7
09-16-04, 04:00 PM
superklye just doesnt like me anymore...what happened to our silent respect? :retard: I see your point. I'll refrain from further crying until they release the patch =)

Arioch
09-17-04, 07:24 AM
According to a post by a Crytek employee in the thread linked below HDR will be included as an experimental feature that can be activated in the console. Hopefully they will go ahead and include virtual displacement mapping in there as well.

Far Cry Patch Update (http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?q=Y&a=tpc&s=400102&f=452106891&m=698006027&p=3)

Riptide
09-17-04, 09:24 AM
They (Crytek) are taking forever.

Ghostguy
09-17-04, 09:44 AM
Look at the bright side, we have CoD:UO to play in the meantime.

Riptide
09-17-04, 09:58 AM
Look at the bright side, we have CoD:UO to play in the meantime.
That and UTK4 onslaught, which I still can't put down for some reason. :)

Ghostguy
09-17-04, 10:16 AM
That and UTK4 onslaught, which I still can't put down for some reason. :)

:)

btw, How do you like the Tsunami case?
I was thinking about going with it on my next build. I usually build myself a new rig every x-mas season, though this BFG will probably prolong it. :)

Riptide
09-17-04, 10:19 AM
:)

btw, How do you like the Tsunami case?
I was thinking about going with it on my next build. I usually build myself a new rig every x-mas season, though this BFG will probably prolong it. :)
I think I like the looks better vs. my Lian Li, but the LL beats the TT with regard to functionality. The LL has more room and is so much easier to work with, has a removable motherboard tray, etc.. It's pretty plain jane looking though vs. the Tsunami. So the Tsunami looks better but the Lian Li has it beat in practically every other regard save one: the Tsunami has a really nice hard disc drive cage that does a GREAT job of silencing hard disc drive noise especially when it's seeking.

Ghostguy
09-17-04, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the honesty Rip.
On one hand Im looking for a quieter machine (I dont OC anymore), on the other Id rather have functionality. Im also looking at the LL PC-6070B (i think thats the model...black case with the long black door that hides everything).

There is of course a price difference, the Lian-Li is kind of expensive.
Thanks again for the breakdown. :)

Ludic
09-17-04, 10:57 AM
Usually companies label their patches in a similar manner where as the first number is major revision, second number is minor revision, and third number is internal build. So most people would think at first that naming a patch 1.25 would not have as much of an impact as a patch that's labeled 1.3.

If CryTek thought there was enough new content to consider the patch a minor revision, they'd have named it 1.3, so it seems to me that the patch will just contain fixes for the problems in patch 1.2, and not add any new functionality that wasn't there in patch 1.2.