PDA

View Full Version : Paint w/Cases

Riptide
09-16-04, 10:09 AM
There are just a couple small dings on my case that I would like to fix. Places where a tiny spot of paint has flaked off for whatever reason.

This shiny finish on my case kinda reminds me of an enamel sort of paint job. Is that what they used? If so, could I get some gloss black enamel model airplane paint and apply that to touch things up?

Sazar
09-16-04, 10:26 AM
how bout one of the custom sheath thingers that you can apply to your case?

looks nice I reckon :D

am not sure how a touchup will look on a glossy finish... might look uneven and nappy...

Riptide
09-16-04, 10:28 AM
how bout one of the custom sheath thingers that you can apply to your case?

looks nice I reckon :D

am not sure how a touchup will look on a glossy finish... might look uneven and nappy...
Custom skins for the case?? Where can I get one to fit this tsunami? :)

The stock finish does look nice though so I dunno if I want to cover it up. Still, worth a look anyway.

I was kind of hoping that if I apply only just a tiny little bead of paint to the spot that's chipped it shouldn't stand out much. I could wipe it off before it drys if it looks like it'll end up looking worse then before. Do you think that glossy enamel they use on model aircraft would work OK?

Sazar
09-16-04, 10:32 AM
not sure m8... my experience with painting and glossy finishes with the wife on all kindsa stuff the last coupla months leads me to believe it may look a little off @ the end of the day...

but if yer wiping it off and its a small quantity... who knows... I trust yer skillz... :D

the custom skins, dunno if there is one for the tsunami but i'm sure google will help you out :D they sure look awesome...

Riptide
09-16-04, 10:42 AM
Just saw some custom skins over at frozencpu. They look pretty awesome. :)

I'm getting a window kit put in though so I think I'll stick with doing that and not worry about the skin. The chips I have in my case aren't to bad... Tiny, about 1-2mm at most. Maybe I'll just live with them. Up to a point it's normal anyway, I have yet to see a single case without at least a couple minor blemishes like that.

Sazar
09-16-04, 10:48 AM
my case was fine till I left it @ my brothers place..

somehow it magically sprouted scratched along the side :(

thankfully I have managed to buff em out but it look awfully crap till I did... and i dont even have a shiny gloss finish likes yours...