PDA

View Full Version : Fry's/Outpost.com BFG 6800 GT $349

VoodooNinja
09-16-04, 10:18 AM
If your still looking for a 6800 GT at a great price ....$349> http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4082662?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Ghostguy
09-16-04, 10:21 AM
If your still looking for a 6800 GT at a great price ....$349> http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4082662?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
awesome deal, I payed $399 for mine a short while ago.

grimreefer
09-16-04, 10:24 AM
is it the new bfg 6800gt woth the copper cooler or the old one?

cambrian
09-16-04, 04:57 PM
is it the new bfg 6800gt woth the copper cooler or the old one?

A lot of people on anandtech who went for this deal recently receive the new hsf version, which as you may have guessed, suck my big toe. This deal would have been great if it were a different brand or if I don't have to pay for tax.

Shamrock
09-16-04, 09:15 PM
i'm not looking to overclock, so you think this new heatsink would be ok stock?

grimreefer
09-16-04, 09:48 PM
wait the copper one is worse?
wah!!!!

Hambone
09-16-04, 10:19 PM
Does anyone know if this price is also an in-store price at Fry's Electronics?

INGlewood78
09-16-04, 10:47 PM
not in so cal...the price at the B&M is still 399. just went today.

cambrian
09-16-04, 11:54 PM
i'm not looking to overclock, so you think this new heatsink would be ok stock?

If you're not going to overclock, it should be fine. This is a great deal no matter what, though. Just realize that the new hsf will give you on average 5-10 degrees C higher than the reference hsf.

kahloq
09-17-04, 04:21 PM
If you're not going to overclock, it should be fine. This is a great deal no matter what, though. Just realize that the new hsf will give you on average 5-10 degrees C higher than the reference hsf.

Just add in a vantec dual fan pci card under it and you wont have that additional heat.

AS OF TODAY at the time of this posting....Outpost had 41 remaining. I called them up and asked which HSF it was, but the sales rep was unable to tell me. Hmmmm lol! You'd think they'd know. Anyways....I ordered one for my wifes pc Im building and actually WANT the new HSF design. She likes pretty lights and all so the new design is what she'd want(it be a present she not know of).

Shamrock
09-18-04, 05:37 AM
I got mine...woe unto my credit card though :(

kahloq
09-18-04, 03:32 PM
I got mine...woe unto my credit card though :(

Yeah no kidding especially since Ive bought a BFG 6800 Ultra already for my rig. This BFG 6800GT is for my wifes rig that Im putting together. Cool thing was, I ordered it last night around 3:30pm MST and didnt ask or pay for overnight shipping, but damn, it arrived today.
So yeah big chunk on credit card, not including all the new parts to build the wifes pc(total of about $800 more in parts...from newegg). She gots an old 1.7 p4 dell and its time to retire it..(POS computer)

INGlewood78
09-18-04, 03:47 PM
Goodness...getting ur wife a GT? Is she a gamer also..otherwise, talk about overkill for websurfing and emailing.

Elvin Presler
09-18-04, 03:47 PM
I've got the BFG 6800GT with the new copper HS/Fan and it's just fine. Temps idle/load are:
GPU = 57c/69c
Ambient = 36c/45c

So what is supposed to be so terrible about them?

kahloq
09-18-04, 04:01 PM
Goodness...getting ur wife a GT? Is she a gamer also..otherwise, talk about overkill for websurfing and emailing.

Well no the wife isnt a gamer really, BUT, because of the case im putting together, I needed a nice card with led lights in it. Lets just say it would be instead of the show "Pimp my Ride" Its more like "Pimp my PC". Everything in the case has some sort of led or neon lighting including the IDE cables, sata cables, floppy cables(UV purple), all 6 case fans are lighted in various shades of purple and pink/blue/orange and of course the CPU cooler is a monster http://www.frozencpu.com/images/products/detail_hires/fan-122.jpg

So add in the BFG GT with the new HSF design and you get the idea.

I do however, frequently use her pc for various things including some online MMORPG's while my pc is running other things. Its nice to have two pcs that I can use either one to play killer games if the other one is being used for something.

kahloq
09-18-04, 04:39 PM
Wife wanted me to point out that the GT will help her with her photography business as well since manipulation of photos in Adobe Photoshop will be greatly improved with this card.

agmy00
09-23-04, 02:13 AM
Guys i cant find any of those anymore :lame:
WHERE can i find a bfg 6800 gt with the new heatsink as cheap as 350 $

tanksss guyssssss