PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2 RC shipped out to Vivendi

Pages : [1] 2

Vash
09-16-04, 01:46 PM
Front page, Shacknews. (http://www.shacknews.com/) Apparently Gabe made a forum post, and the guys at Shack decided to confirm with Gabe.

"Yes, the RC went to VU yesterday"

It looks like in his hurry to get it posted, Steve left out his question, as both quotes on the page do not make sense as a conversation, but rather Gabe's response to Steve's questions.

So... w00t? :nanahump:

aaahhh52
09-16-04, 01:47 PM
i'll believe it when i see it

Arioch
09-16-04, 01:55 PM
Did someone hack his password again? It's not like changing "donuts" to "donuts2" is that hard to figure out.

Lfctony
09-16-04, 01:59 PM
Did someone hack his password again? It's not like changing "donuts" to "donuts2" is that hard to figure out.
:lame:

|JuiceZ|
09-16-04, 02:21 PM
Wooptyfrickindoo, when its on the shelf, I'll care. Nvr seen so much drama around a game in my life. Valve is ridicules... :rolleyes2

BioHazZarD
09-16-04, 02:27 PM
Ill start care when it goes gold and a date pops out, until then anything could go wrong.

CaptNKILL
09-16-04, 02:32 PM
This information wasnt ment for the public! Tomorrow we will hear:
"Vivendi was upset that people found out about the RC being sent, so they are holding it until next summer"

(joking of course, I think if this isnt another hack on Gabe's account, its probably finally almost release time for this game)

Rooster_11
09-16-04, 02:50 PM

:rofl

aAv7
09-16-04, 02:57 PM
Next week we will hear "Vivendi rejects RC, Valve to take 8 more months making a new one"

cam9786
09-16-04, 03:06 PM
Yes, Both lombardi and Gabe confirmed this. We SHOULD see HL2 in stores in 2-3 weeks. Awesome.

Arioch
09-16-04, 03:12 PM
That would be cool if it did come out then - it would give me something to play until WoW is out hopefully.

Obviously an official "Gone Gold" statement would make me all warm and fuzzy all over.

Seoulstriker
09-16-04, 04:37 PM
First, RC does not equal gold by any means. Games usually go through 3-5 release candidates.

Second, I'll only be happy when it is released on torrent. :nanahump:

aAv7
09-16-04, 04:39 PM
Yep...like I said...next week we'll be reading that Vivendi rejected the RC. I can count on one hand-how many games actually went gold after 1 RC.

SH64
09-16-04, 04:57 PM

^

killahsin
09-16-04, 06:23 PM
Next week we will hear "Vivendi rejects RC, Valve to take 8 more months making a new one"

No offense but a rejected rc doesn't have to be completely remade. It would be one or 2 or more silly bugs that would just have to be tracked. But thank god for the css beta. A very high amount of the show stopper crashing bugs isnide the source engine are gone. So in the end if a rc is rejected it would probably just take a day or 2 tops to fix the issues. Which would probably be minor scripting errors. The main crash left is a resolution issue, which is probably fixed on valves side.

Yep...like I said...next week we'll be reading that Vivendi rejected the RC. I can count on one hand-how many games actually went gold after 1 RC.

In that count did you include half life 1? =)

de><ta
09-16-04, 07:31 PM

what he said :ORDER:

nutcrackr
09-16-04, 07:43 PM
I just wish they would shut up until it goes gold.

holmes
09-16-04, 08:57 PM

exactly.

Rieper
09-16-04, 10:20 PM
exactly.

It'll come out around the same time as HL1 did... Thanksgiving.

Now let's all get :alc:

Cheimison
09-16-04, 10:39 PM
Software designers release updates and information constantly. There's nothing special about what HL2 is doing, except for the advertising, but that is common to all video games. The difference is Visual C++ doesn't have people hanging onto everything microsoft mentions, even passingly, about the next version. The only reason there is so much on here about HL 2 is because you people are freaking obsessed and spazz out every time some trivial offhand announcment is made, of which any other software would generate no more than a shrug.

ynnek
09-17-04, 01:08 AM
LMAO.. with HL2's gossip track record, I don't believe anything unless its published directly from the Valve or Vivendi, thru their authorized channels..

Edge
09-17-04, 01:18 AM

Actually, they haven't officially said anything about the release candidate: this information was extracted by users on the Half-life forums. So it's kinda pointless telling them to shut up when they haven't said anything.

GlowStick
09-17-04, 01:43 AM
I belive :O

Vash
09-17-04, 11:12 AM
:rolleyes: This is a lot of drama.

Arioch
09-17-04, 11:36 AM
The truth is out there!