PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem...

Subtestube
09-16-04, 04:21 PM
Hi guys - I've been having a bizarre problem recently. Whenever I open the Forceware control panel (or right click on the forceware icon in the taskbar), my screen resets itself. Nothing actually changes (refresh rate remains the same, etc...), and everything's working fine, but.. it's still a bit annoying. Anyone else seen this problem and know of a fix? It's only happened since I got the most recent BIOS for my 6800, but I can't think how that would cause something like this. Anyhow... Yes.

Subtestube
09-17-04, 02:19 AM
Just bumpin' this up once... hoping that someone might have some ideas... Oh, I should note that Forceware now seems to think that I have 2 monitors - something that isn't true. It's gotta be something to do with the BIOS update, but I can't figure out what.

-=DVS=-
09-17-04, 02:47 AM
Well you could try going to Device Manager , and removeing those two monitors then restarting and see what happens , if Windows add one monitor or two again.

Sorry no other ideas (bump)

Subtestube
09-17-04, 02:56 AM
Heh... yeah, I already tried removing the other monitors... when I restart they appear again. Oh well.

ataforce
09-17-04, 06:17 AM
It's the same here with my MSI NX6800LE. I got it with the original BIOS and as well with the 6800nu BIOS.
I remember that I already had it with my Leadtek Geforce 3 TI500.
Does not seem to be unusual or worrisome though.