PDA

View Full Version : Triple Buffer with 6x.xx drivers

AMC_Duke
09-18-04, 03:12 PM
is there a way to enable triple buffering with the 66.xx drivers with the geforce 6800 line ?

CaptNKILL
09-18-04, 03:38 PM
Its usually a per-game option, I dont think its driver controlled. For example, Vietcong has a triple buffering option in the config program.

zaG
09-18-04, 03:55 PM
is there a way to enable triple buffering with the 66.xx drivers with the geforce 6800 line ?

Jep it is .. use this programm to enable tiple buffering and other useful things ;) >>> http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=362

Hope this helps you !

AMC_Duke
09-18-04, 04:00 PM
Jep it is .. use this programm to enable tiple buffering and other useful things ;) >>> http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=nvhardpage

Hope this helps you !

Thank you guys! you helped me realy mutch specialy zag ! ! =)

zaG
09-18-04, 04:03 PM
Just wait a second and use now the new link. Is version 2.0 !!

kyleb
09-18-04, 04:44 PM
The force triple buffering option in nv hardpage does not work. From the discription they give in that program I don't think they even know what triple buffering is.

As for nvidia drivers, there is no way to use triple buffering aside from the d3d aplication specificly calling for it.

subbo
09-18-04, 05:10 PM
And even when it does (like Richard burns rally) it doesnt seem to work. Or at least the FPS exactly halves when it cant push the full speed.

kyleb
09-18-04, 05:16 PM
Is there actually a setting for triple buffering in Richard Burn's Rally? I know that triple buffering does work on my 6800gt when called for by the .ini file of Unreal Engine games like the Tribes Vengance beta and Splinter Cell 2.

ATI defaults triple buffering on in d3d so if the game doesn't request it specificly on or off, you still get it; while Nvidia defaults triple buffering off so the game has to request it to get it. Possablity, if Richard Burn's Rally does have an option to turn on triple buffering but it doesn't work with a Geforce, that might simply be because the game isn't really calling to the API for it.

SmuvMoney
09-19-04, 12:59 PM
I don't think nV cards support triple buffering in OpenGL. I had a 6800GT and could not get it to work at all, forcing an eventual RMA. I tried nVHardPage as well as entering the registry setting directrly. I had asked BFGTech and they did not know. I emailed nVidia and did not get an answer. ATi does support it in the OpenGL Control Panel. Unless a beta driver has changed this in the last month, I don't think nV supports this feature.

In Direct3D, the game itself has to support and initialize it. The driver simply follows the game's wishes. If the game doesn't support it, you're out of luck regardless of your card.

kyleb
09-19-04, 01:41 PM
Not true. ati defaults triple buffering to on in d3d, so if the game doesn't call it either way, you get it with ati drivers. Halo is an example of such a game, were with my gt I don't get triple buffering but with my xt-pe I do. Granted when the game has a call for triple buffering to be on or off, you have to set it to get it.

Skinner
09-19-04, 05:22 PM
Forced TB (in openGl) is a huge miss on Nv's side, too bad they seem to egnore users requests...

kyleb
09-19-04, 08:13 PM
The defaulting triple buffering off in d3d is an even bigger miss IMHO, considering the fact that d3d is used far more often and many developers don't provide an option to toggle the feature.

CaptNKILL
09-20-04, 01:39 AM
Gee I was right on the first response and no one even acknowledged me :rolleyes:

kyleb
09-20-04, 02:38 AM
You wern't really right though, it usually isn't an option in games. While it is true that few d3d games do give the option, most don't. Opengl on the other hand doesn't give aplications the ablity to set triple buffering, which is why ati provide's a control panel setting.