PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a Turbo-Cool 510 Deluxe PSU

jAkUp
09-19-04, 06:23 PM
I'm really getting tired of low quality PSU's. I almost wanna go out and say Enermax powersupplys used to be better than they are now. Right now, if I plug the Enermax's "Extra" connection into the primary lead on my 6800U, I have stability issues, I had the same problem with my 480W Enermax. A normal connection works fine. Not to mention my rails flucuate so badly its ridiculous.

My CPU hasn't been as stable as it used to at the clockspeeds I use. I'm hoping the best powersupply on the market will solve this. Should be here and a few days... (Crosses fingers)

http://www.pcpowerandcooling.com/products/power_supplies/highperformance/turbocools/510/510DeluxLow.jpg

CaptNKILL
09-19-04, 07:10 PM
Should have gone with that Ultra PSU that someone showed on here a few days ago, the one with the detatchable wires inside... that thing was sweet.

But that one looks very nice too... i love the blackness of it all :D

jAkUp
09-19-04, 07:20 PM
Yea I know... I was thinking about it... but I really wasn't too sure how stable the rails are. I wanted to make sure this time I get something that I know is good. This is my 3rd Enermax powersupply.

Rytr
09-19-04, 07:51 PM
No, you got the right one. ;)

I had one and sold it...I had several good psu's and a friend had a system setup for video editing and needed a high quality psu. I should have never done that! Eventually, I will get another one.

CaptNKILL
09-19-04, 09:24 PM
Yea I know... I was thinking about it... but I really wasn't too sure how stable the rails are. I wanted to make sure this time I get something that I know is good. This is my 3rd Enermax powersupply.
Yeah good choice.

As cool as that other one is, its pretty much just a gimmick. It probably wont take long for people to complain about worn out power sockets and things losing power randomly.

How much was this PSU? (if you dont mind me askin)

netviper13
09-19-04, 09:59 PM
Yeah good choice.

As cool as that other one is, its pretty much just a gimmick. It probably wont take long for people to complain about worn out power sockets and things losing power randomly.

How much was this PSU? (if you dont mind me askin)

It's listed at $219 on their website to give you somewhat of a reference.

jAkUp
09-19-04, 10:07 PM
yup thats it ;) Paid an arm and a leg for it, I ordered it through www.frozencpu.com.

At least I will know now that when my system restarts for no reason, its not due to my powersupply :) hehe
The cool thing about this powersupply is that it peaks out at 650w! 510w is its average rating.

+5V @ 40A
+12V @ 34A, 38A pk
-5V @ 0.3A
-12V @ 2A
+3.3V @ 30A
+5VSB @ 3A
power<510W
peak power<650W

Rytr
09-19-04, 10:23 PM
Don't forget to let us know if it solves your problem(s). Yeah, it's a lot for a psu but the psu just happens to be as important as anything in your system and is mostly overlooked until you build a high-end performance system that demands clean power.

netviper13
09-19-04, 10:26 PM
I've been looking into a new PSU as well. I'm currently using a 430-watt Enermax PSU, but the voltage fluctuates much more than I would like it to, and I've been having some stability problems lately.

Rytr
09-19-04, 10:42 PM
They do offer a full-line of psu's for different applications.
http://www.pcpowercooling.com/home.htm

Riptide
09-19-04, 11:15 PM
I have one of these. Worth every penny even if just for peace of mind.

Warlord
09-20-04, 03:05 PM
I also have one of these. Adjustable pots and all. Best PSU available. :)

Paid $220 for it off excaliberpc.com

jAkUp
09-23-04, 12:52 PM
Recieved it yesterday... so far I have not gotten a lock up with my normal OC'd setting... will test more though. This thing is ****ing heavy! It rocks though, my OCZ Rambooster finally shows a display now ;)