PDA

View Full Version : So is that a heatspreader or the actual core under the heatsink?

Omega53
09-20-04, 12:15 AM
I looks too big to be a core yet somehow I think it might be. Could someone clear this up for me cause if that is the core than that sucker is huge!!!

Eltigre88
09-23-04, 03:59 PM
Anything I have ever read says that it is just a metal cover and the core is beneath!

Pandora's Box
09-23-04, 08:35 PM
(w/opics)

Hellion
09-23-04, 08:57 PM
(w/opics)

AHEM, lol i bet you people have been DIING to use that worthless smily huh? lol,

Also, i dont thing it IS THE core, because its etched into, not written on, if you look closely at it youll notice it has the letters and symbol cut into it. not printed. but this is just MY theory.

Lyme
09-23-04, 10:53 PM
Thats the core under the heatsink.. If you've removed your heatsink and taken a look at it you can see the difference.. as shown by this http://www.overclockers.com/tips1087/index03.asp (intel heatspreader).

Hellion
09-23-04, 11:14 PM
for one, thats an INTEL heatspreader, two, that core and the CHIP on the center of the 6800 look nothing alike. but, it might still be just the core, but than why does it have etching in it? youd think they would print it so as to not hinder cooling surface.