PDA

View Full Version : bfg 6800 ultra avaliabilty in europe?

requiem For a d
09-20-04, 06:39 PM
hi im thinkin of buying an ultra but the one i want the bfg 6800 ultra oc isnt no where to be found :( does anyone here knows a site or retailer that ships in europe not just for uk the only card i can find overclocked wher i live portugal is a xfx 6800 ultra isnt that prety much the same since if i still dont get a hold of a bfg at least i can get that one ,read it somewhere where it says the overclock is the same 425 mhz vs the 400 mhz on stock one are there any more differences

kahloq
09-20-04, 07:00 PM
over clocks are the same on both cards. I dunno if theres any european dealers selling bfg cards. I cant say, since Im in USA. There maybe some UK stores that might have it. Also, there may be some USA retailers that will ship overseas. However, I dont know if the warranty will be honored outside of US regarding BFG's if its shipped outside of US by a retailer.If BFG ships to a european retailer, then the warranty is good since it was designated to go overseas.

You should be fine with an xfx if you cant find a bfg. BFG does have true lifetime warranty tho. Xfx is I believe 1 year.

requiem For a d
09-20-04, 07:06 PM
and regarding overclockbility is it the same since they have the same specs? one thing i noticed regarding the xfx its that some sites review it as a normal ultra not a overclocked out ot the box are there 2 versions of it ?

Clay
09-20-04, 09:09 PM
This is the only XFX 6800 Ultra (http://www.xfxforce.com/product_view.php?sku=PVT40FUD) that I'm aware of and it is clocked at the stock 400MHz. The BFG 6800 Ultra OC is overcloced at 425MHz.

MikeC
09-20-04, 10:09 PM
I emailed our BFG representative and asked. I will let you know when we get an answer.

NightFire
09-20-04, 10:16 PM
I can't think of any off the top of my head. You could try Pricewatch for a large list.

mukkyman
09-20-04, 10:24 PM
in the uk pc world have them

http://www.pcwcomponentcentre.co.uk/invt/bfgr68256gtocuk

MikeC
09-20-04, 10:26 PM
Do they ship to Portugal where he is?

requiem For a d
09-21-04, 02:49 AM
pcworld doesnt ship to where i live only for uk and since its the only retailer bfg had in their site for europe it kinda sucks :(

requiem For a d
09-21-04, 02:49 AM
pcworld doesnt ship to where i live only for uk and since its the only retailer bfg had in their site for europe it kinda sucks and the usa retailers only ship to usa cant find one that ships globaly :(

Danhill
09-21-04, 03:00 AM
Does it have to be bfg?? You could always go for Gainward.