PDA

View Full Version : Poor HD performance

Shocky
09-21-04, 07:03 AM
I'm using two old maxtor 60GB Plus 9's with a rocketraid 133 PCI card (raid0) and the performance is not so great. I'm getting some seriously slow loading times in a number of game, doom3, Sims 2 just to name a few. Also my external HD which is the same spec as my internal ones runs allot faster, files copy to my external in lightning speed yet take ages to copy to my raid array. Anyone know a way to diagnose this and find a cause or fix even? :cry:

CaptNKILL
09-21-04, 07:12 AM
Bah, "old" 60Gb Diamond Max Plus 9... thats my primary storage device :p

They arent supposed to be slow... try different RAID\IDE drivers. Just make sure to back up any data in case you get flaky drivers.

Daneel Olivaw
09-21-04, 08:13 AM
I'm on a raid two and doom load slow too. You can uncompress the pak files manually for faster loading times.

Shocky
09-21-04, 08:35 AM
Bah, "old" 60Gb Diamond Max Plus 9... thats my primary storage device :p

They arent supposed to be slow... try different RAID\IDE drivers. Just make sure to back up any data in case you get flaky drivers.

Which drivers should I try? I have tried the onces that came with the raid device and the ones from the highpoint website. I tested with a 700MB file, it takes 30sec to copy to my external and 2min to copy to the internal raid array? :retard: