PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I give up. WHY are there no new leaked detonators?

digitalwanderer
11-06-02, 02:08 PM
Yeah, faking a det set number didn't work out that hot over here. (Hey, it worked out pretty well over at Rage3D...'cept for all the f0cking trouble with ATI's lawyers... :rolleyes: ) Sorry, I wasn't trying to scam no one...I was just trying to get some more eyeballs actively looking.

Because it REALLY seems like we should be getting some new dets soon, it has been a long time. :(

Apologies to any I got false hopes up on with me "44.66" set, but it don't seem like many people fell for it anyways. ;)

StealthHawk
11-06-02, 02:13 PM
it's only been 2 weeks.

my question is, where are the new official dets! 40.xx has been in beta for a long time.

saturnotaku
11-06-02, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Apologies to any I got false hopes up on with me "44.66" set, but it don't seem like many people fell for it anyways.

Just goes to show that you can fool all the fanATIcs all the time, but you can only fool some of the NVIDIOTS some of the time. :p :D

digitalwanderer
11-06-02, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
Just goes to show that you can fool all the fanATIcs all the time, but you can only fool some of the NVIDIOTS some of the time. :p :D

Not quite the thought I had on it. Those "fanATIcs" took it as a challenge and they went out and actually found some new ones (http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33645478).

The ATI community doesn't have quite the apathy of the nVidia crowd, they can't afford that kind of luxury dealing with ATI corporates crap all the time. ;)

Renzo
11-07-02, 03:47 AM
What's the fuzz? I tried deto40s (actually all of them) but I still use 30.82 and haven't had any problems so far. nVidia's driver quality is so good that actually there hasn't been any need for new drivers in a long time (excluding beta 40.xx).

StealthHawk
11-07-02, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Renzo
What's the fuzz? I tried deto40s (actually all of them) but I still use 30.82 and haven't had any problems so far. nVidia's driver quality is so good that actually there hasn't been any need for new drivers in a long time (excluding beta 40.xx).

that may be so, but they aren't perfect. and it's always nice to dream about performance improvements! :D

digitalwanderer
11-07-02, 07:56 AM
But that ain't my point, I just want new ones. :)

I am NOT unhappy at all with the 41.03 set, and everything runs great....I just like new drivers. You'll notice I'm not screaming and ranting about them, I'm just asking. I don't think nVidia "owes" me any or anything, I just want some to play with and to give me an excuse to stick my GF3 back into Bubbles...I secretly hate gaming on my 8500. ;)

rclenhardt
11-07-02, 11:25 AM
I'm with Renzo. I have tried all the drivers and back to the 30.82's. So far, they have run all the games flawlessly. No flashing, refresh problems etc.... just an excellent set.
If i were to recommend any of the other drivers, it would be the 40.52's. They were first loser:)

Uttar
11-07-02, 02:54 PM
I've been using Detonator 40s for some time now and I didn't have any problem with them BESIDE for Stronghold: Crusader

Problem seems to be with DriectDraw 7.0 - disabling hardware acceleration ( and thus putting all DirectDraw stuff on the CPU ) fixes that problem. Good thing Stronger: Crusader isn't too graphic-intensive.

Uttar