PDA

View Full Version : Sound

tony24
09-21-04, 09:28 PM
What are you guys that have the sound cutting off doing to combat the situation? I know there is a console command to reset sound, but I'm wondering if anyone has found anything concrete that solves the problem. Does anyone have any guesses as to what might be the cause of this phenomenom? I have contacted activision repeatedly and all I can get is they are working on it. How long does it take to patch a problem this serious......I haven't even finished the first level, I refuse to play without 5.1 sound.........end of venting. :lame:

BioHazZarD
09-22-04, 01:20 PM
what sound card ? perhaps try the latest drivers. or disable hardware acceleration that might help.

tony24
09-22-04, 02:21 PM
(help) Oops. Have sig now. Running latest drivers and BIOS. Using the 65.73 vga drivers. No overclocks. Every other game is fine. thanks.

Nutty
09-22-04, 03:01 PM
Yeah its a problem with the game, I get it as well. Just got to wait for a patch I guess.

CaptNKILL
09-22-04, 03:03 PM
Yeah my brother and I have the same problem, both running NF7-S motherboards with Soundstorm chips.

Funny how they boasted so much about the amazing 5.1 audio of the game, but in the final product it was one of the few things that didnt work correctly :|

jnd3
09-22-04, 03:38 PM
Just bind an infrequently-used key to s_restart. Throughout the game it only happened to me a dozen times or so (over twice as many sessions). Given the audio problems I've had with other games in the past (Enter The Matrix, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon) these are relatively mild and easily bypassed.

Arioch
09-22-04, 03:48 PM
I just bound s_restart to my "v" key and only had to use it on and off sporadicly.

tony24
09-22-04, 04:02 PM
Excuse my ignorance, how do I bind s_restart to a key? (mag)
would you add bind "M" "s_restart" to the doom3 config text file?

tony24
09-22-04, 07:05 PM
that worked, thanks for the replies.... :beer:

Buck Armstrong
09-22-04, 09:17 PM
Funny how they boasted so much about the amazing 5.1 audio of the game, but in the final product it was one of the few things that didnt work correctly :|

It is amazing on my Audigy 2 ZS and 5.1 speakers. :)