PDA

View Full Version : UT2k4 Onslaught pack!

Mr. Hunt
09-23-04, 07:00 PM
http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/official/ut2004/ut2004-ecebonuspack.exe

It adds 3 new vehicles which are superb and some new maps. I thought many people here love Onslaught mode so I figured I would put this up incase some of you weren't already playing it.

Intel17
09-23-04, 07:26 PM
Been waiting for this!! I hate school, which is taking up all my free gaming time!

sabrewulf165
09-23-04, 07:39 PM
It was supposed to be 10 new maps and 11 new mods, am I the only one noticing or complaining about this?

jAkUp
09-23-04, 07:40 PM
This is the official editors choice bonus back?

Mr. Hunt
09-23-04, 07:42 PM
It seems so.

Seoulstriker
09-23-04, 08:52 PM
OMG, the spam tank rules!!!!!!111 :ORDER: :nanahump: :nanahump:

Pandora's Box
09-23-04, 09:27 PM
fileplanet have it here:

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/145962.shtml

requirements: 3323 patch

aAv7
09-23-04, 09:43 PM
It was supposed to be 10 new maps and 11 new mods, am I the only one noticing or complaining about this?

I noticed this too....I'm usually the first to complain about ....well..just about anything game publishers do, but I have to give them respect this time. So many games being pushed back, some in the air till who knows when...some companies have promised patch(es) for months...it's just nice to see epic is still supporting the community and giving us anything at all....nowadays that seems to be a rarity.

sabrewulf165
09-23-04, 09:51 PM
I noticed this too....I'm usually the first to complain about ....well..just about anything game publishers do, but I have to give them respect this time. So many games being pushed back, some in the air till who knows when...some companies have promised patch(es) for months...it's just nice to see epic is still supporting the community and giving us anything at all....nowadays that seems to be a rarity.
True... I think I see where the 10 maps figure may have come from... all the original maps have new "bonus vehicle" versions. There are only 4 "totally new" maps.

Still no word on the mods that were supposed to be included, though

Pandora's Box
09-23-04, 10:01 PM
here is some pics of the new vehicle in the dawn map....

www.trekntech.com//ut2k4dawnvehicle/1.jpg
www.trekntech.com//ut2k4dawnvehicle/2.jpg
www.trekntech.com//ut2k4dawnvehicle/3.jpg
www.trekntech.com//ut2k4dawnvehicle/4.jpg
www.trekntech.com//ut2k4dawnvehicle/5.jpg
www.trekntech.com//ut2k4dawnvehicle/6.jpg
www.trekntech.com//ut2k4dawnvehicle/7.jpg

karkrash81
09-24-04, 07:10 AM
I found the two new ground vehicles to be rather uninteresting....but the new aerial vehicle is pretty cool...the new onslaught maps are great!

Gaco
09-24-04, 08:12 AM
So many times have I regretted that I sold UT2k4 :(

Im buying it again, thats for sure...

jbirney
09-24-04, 09:10 AM

Epic never said that they would include the mods in this downloadable add-on. You can get them from the mods website. Besides most of them have newer versions on their site vrs whats on ECE> And if Epic had included them it would have added up to about 2 gb worth of data.

sabrewulf165
09-24-04, 03:47 PM
Epic never said that they would include the mods in this downloadable add-on. You can get them from the mods website. Besides most of them have newer versions on their site vrs whats on ECE> And if Epic had included them it would have added up to about 2 gb worth of data.
I know Epic didn't, but everyone that did a PR bit on the pack sure did. I know their reasons for not including the mods, but it still would have been nice if they'd been clear about it. A list of links to the mods' sites in the readme would have been cool, too.

Arioch
09-24-04, 04:26 PM
It's free shiznit and people shouldn't be complaining about it.

sabrewulf165
09-24-04, 04:36 PM
Good grief, I'm not complaining about the pack, I'm complaining about the misinformation that was fed to us (or allowed to be fed to us) by the folks in charge of PR.

Why do you all care so much if I gripe a bit, anyway? :rolleyes:

Mr. Hunt
09-24-04, 05:04 PM
Because so many times these days companies come out with games and then basically abandon them *COUGH* SPLINTER CELL PANDORA TOMORROW ON PC *COUGH*. It is nice that they gave us some new stuff for free.

And I think what you are thinking of is the new edition being sold... it comes with UT2k4 on DVD and a bunch of mods I THINK (I might be wrong). But it is nice that they made it available to everybody who already bought the game :).

sabrewulf165
09-24-04, 05:37 PM
Because so many times these days companies come out with games and then basically abandon them *COUGH* SPLINTER CELL PANDORA TOMORROW ON PC *COUGH*. It is nice that they gave us some new stuff for free.

And I think what you are thinking of is the new edition being sold... it comes with UT2k4 on DVD and a bunch of mods I THINK (I might be wrong). But it is nice that they made it available to everybody who already bought the game :).
I think I already agreed with you somewhere earlier in this post... Yes it's nice.

Apparently I'm an irreconcilable miscreant for being at all critical of the fact that we were given less than what we were initially told instead of kissing Epic's ass for giving us anything at all. I now see the horrible error of my ways, end topic. :rolleyes:

[unsubscribe]

Mr. Hunt
09-24-04, 05:59 PM
No, I am just saying you may have misunderstood what was going on... maybe http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245074.asp was what you were thinking of. That is the same thing... but only a new release with the mods. Maybe THAT is what you were reading about, and this downloadable thing is just the new UT2k4 stuff.

I am just complaining because people shouldn't complain about free stuff. I don't mind somebody complaining (most of the time) unless it is like this. So many other game companies don't even fix problems (like SC PT :\) that have been known about since the first release. Hell, Ubisoft even said some of the problems WERE fixed and never were fixed and still haven't after 3 other patches.

If somebody told me they were going to GIVE me $20 bucks for nothing. But then later gave me $10 I wouldn't complain since they didn't really HAVE to give it to me.

superklye
09-24-04, 07:10 PM
So wait, the first link says it's 84.4MB, but when i clicked on it to download, it says 18.8...what's the deal?

superklye
09-24-04, 07:12 PM
nevermind, the one Beyond Unreal is wrong. File Front has the 84MB one.