PDA

View Full Version : Worms Blast

Matthyahuw
11-07-02, 11:08 AM
Anyone try and play this game?
when I play it I get stuttering, ghost images (like when you use NoClip and go outside a map), and the characters are in wireframe!
I've tried 2 sets of nV drivers, and tried re-installing DX 8.1 that came on the CD...no dice...if you can play this game sucessuflly, what's your setup?

thcdru2k
11-07-02, 08:44 PM
is that the game thats like scorched planet but with worms? like you get buncha worms on screen and you shoot with all kinds of weapons?

Smokey
11-07-02, 09:05 PM
I thought worms blast was a 2d only game? Worms Blast (http://wormsblast.team17.com/)

Matthyahuw
11-08-02, 08:47 AM
nope, this is the 1st worms game in 3D (at least the characters), and I've searched thru their FAQs, but nuttin, all they say is ATi and S3 have issues that they need to fix...

saturnotaku
11-08-02, 08:55 AM
Do you have vsync on or off? Have you tried it both ways to see if it gets fixed? I assume you have FSAA and aniso disabled as well.

Matthyahuw
11-09-02, 12:24 PM
OK, now it's getting worse...I just picked up LotR, and there is SEVERE texture corruption, and I borrowed Spiderman the movie from a buddy, and the game starts flashes the screen, then goes to black with the sound playing. If I alt-tab in and out, the game shows for about 1/2 sec, and goes black again.

I just went to the WHQL 40.72 drivers to see if that would fix it, and I'm on my 3rd set to try...you think I should drop back to the 30.xx's?

Matthyahuw
12-04-02, 10:12 PM
The 41.09s fixed this in case anyone was having similar issues...