PDA

View Full Version : Intel 925XE and 4GIG CPU @ 1068 front bus will put AMD to rest!!

Eltigre88
09-28-04, 06:55 PM
The new Intel chipset and CPU's coming out will put AMD under! All you AMD 64 lovers are going to be crying and when it's built I will post, I will post!! :nanahump:

Dazz
09-29-04, 02:28 AM
Yeah all AMD needs is faster memory after all the A64 has two FSB types, 1st Mmeory controller which runs @ CPU speed 2nd is HT which runs at 1GHz x 2. Intel on the other hand have heat problems as it is soooo. Whats keeping it back is it just using DDR400. Also A64 have higher memory bandwith with just DDR400 then a P4 @ 1GHz FSB and DDR 500 due to effcienty.

jAkUp
09-29-04, 02:36 AM
meh, the latencies on DDR2 are sooo bad. Not to mention the new processors run so hot, it'll be hard to keep it cool.

Just wait till I get my AMD64 4000+ with a gig of DDR500 ;)

Riptide
09-29-04, 10:16 AM
AMDs high end CPUs run pretty warm as well, they certainly aren't cool. Even the prescott doesn't run all that hot any more. I think Gib has one and it doesn't run all that hot.

jolle
09-29-04, 11:08 AM
The new Intel chipset and CPU's coming out will put AMD under! All you AMD 64 lovers are going to be crying and when it's built I will post, I will post!! :nanahump:

I dont think any sane person would acctually cry about something like that..
Dunno who will be faster in the end, but its fair to expect AMD to have something to counter with..
its all a tug-o-war going back and forth in that business..

doesnt concern me tho, too high end for my wallet.. hehe

saturnotaku
09-29-04, 12:12 PM

I won't be crying when my wallet is padded with about $500 in extra cash while my machine performs within percentage points of yours. So sod off, fanboy.

Ninjaman09
09-29-04, 01:27 PM
My Prescott also runs cool, about 35C idle 44C load. Just with air cooling. I don't know what all this complaining about heat is about from reviewers, but whatever.

Riptide
09-29-04, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure what all the hubub was about regarding the heat and prescotts early on. Perhaps Intel changed something? :confused:

I do know that if you went to most AMD fansites you would hear nothing but blathering on about how the prescott was a space heater, etc.. The part about it that bothers me most is that the FX53 isn't exactly ice cold either. People were being kinda hypocritical about it, out of ignorance or not I'm not sure.

jAkUp
09-29-04, 02:30 PM
Well we have a 2.8 775 on demo at work.. that thing runs so hot the fan is constantly spinning up and down. I can hear it across the entire store. At first I thought it was the fan on the GT... but its actually the CPU processor. And my friends 3.2 prescott runs at about 150 degrees F!!!

Sazar
09-29-04, 02:37 PM
my brother runs 2 dual Xeons (nocona's) in his office :)

I was working on one of the machines while there were various simulations running in the background... he had about 20 tabs open and the thing was still running smooth as silk

naturally 4 gigs of memory will help :cool:

given the performance I saw... i have no doubt that intel likely will have a competitive component that also runs cooler than the prescott's out there right now :)

but amd is also developing and their strained silicon components @ 0.09micron process are likely to also show good improvement and perhaps better scalability :thumbsup:

jolle
09-29-04, 03:27 PM
2 dual xeons.. so 4 CPUs? or what?