PDA

View Full Version : D3 patch 1.1 vs. installation problem

Tym
09-29-04, 11:31 AM
I've experienced an installation problem discussed on some forums (I'm not alone as it seems) where at the end of the installation, D3 displays the "Registering product" message, then the setup quits, and all installed files are removed from the HDD (the game is genuine, to avoid any misunderstandings...). This may be an XP SP2 issue, but I gave up investigating it further because I was able to install the game "manually" (simply by copying files), and it has been running OK.

Now I have a problem, however: since no registry entries were made, the patch won't install (I get an error message saying that "setup could not determine the current version blah blah..."). Do you know any way to force the install? Or can you post the registry entries the game is supposed to make so that I can insert them manually?

TIA
Tym

BioHazZarD
09-29-04, 12:47 PM
have you tryied a different folder, like C: or D: etc perhaps ?

Tym
09-29-04, 01:18 PM
Yep, nothing works... Manual install is the only thing I was able to do.

rebelyell
12-29-04, 11:03 PM
I've experienced an installation problem discussed on some forums (I'm not alone as it seems) where at the end of the installation, D3 displays the "Registering product" message, then the setup quits, and all installed files are removed from the HDD (the game is genuine, to avoid any misunderstandings...). This may be an XP SP2 issue, but I gave up investigating it further because I was able to install the game "manually" (simply by copying files), and it has been running OK.

Now I have a problem, however: since no registry entries were made, the patch won't install (I get an error message saying that "setup could not determine the current version blah blah..."). Do you know any way to force the install? Or can you post the registry entries the game is supposed to make so that I can insert them manually?

TIA
Tym

This would work for us win98 players as well, since we had to install the game manually too. I trust id will leak it, if they haven't already. Please let me know when they do! Level 1 is great so far...

:)

Reb