PDA

View Full Version : Tribes Vengeance: Multi Player Demo

r2d2d3d4d5
09-29-04, 03:52 PM
The Beta is over and a demo of the multiplayer is out.
Find it over here (http://www.vugames.com/file_list.do?gamePlatformId=412). It has the same maps as the Beta so I'm not sure if I'll bother downloading it.

The game is due to be released on the 5th of October.

BioHazZarD
09-29-04, 05:03 PM
Well im gonna bother download it tomorrow, sp demo was fun.

Gaco
09-29-04, 05:20 PM
Agreed, SP demo was fun. Im also downloading this, but I won't have time to play it today :)

|JuiceZ|
10-01-04, 08:41 AM
Well after playing the MP beta for so long just downloaded the MP demo last night and all I can say is whoa! :D Any original Tribes I fan should feel at home. Ended up playing until around 2AM last night, had to be at work @ 8AM. Still getting used to the weapons & phsics but everything feels much more polished the way it should be. The only thing that really annoys me is the sniper rifle which delays like a ms before it reaches the target. I don't recall if thatís the way it functioned in T1 and this could also just be an off set result on me coming over from UT:IG.

Btw, speaking of UT, to be based off the unreal 2.0 engine, T:V looks very nice & of course runs extremely smooth. My fav aspect of the graphics, other than its use of PS2.0 on several textures (enabled in video options), is watching the grassy terrain wave back & forth through the wind.

The full version will definitely be on my hdd come 10/5. Anyone know if the publisher is releasing a DVD version?

jbirney
10-01-04, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the info JuiceZ!

For the sniper rifle delay...do they use a real projectile for it? Or its it a instant hit type of thing...ahhh I should just look at their code and see whats the dealie'o :)

|JuiceZ|
10-01-04, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the info JuiceZ!

For the sniper rifle delay...do they use a real projectile for it? Or its it a instant hit type of thing...ahhh I should just look at their code and see whats the dealie'o :)

No projectile, it uses a laser. And from talking to my brother the other day, he seems to think the reason for the "delay" is due to the fact that it drains your armor resources ever time it fires. I don't mind waiting a few ms between shots as it recharges up, kinda like the UT shock rifle but, after you click fire its not instant like a normal laser would be.

Xav
10-01-04, 06:01 PM
Well after playing the MP beta for so long just downloaded the MP demo last night and all I can say is whoa! :D Any original Tribes I fan should feel at home.

Btw, speaking of UT, to be based off the unreal 2.0 engine, T:V looks very nice & of course runs extremely smooth. My fav aspect of the graphics, other than its use of PS2.0 on several textures (enabled in video options), is watching the grassy terrain wave back & forth through the wind.

The full version will definitely be on my hdd come 10/5. Anyone know if the publisher is releasing a DVD version?

Agree 100%..preorder'd! :clap:

Slybri
10-02-04, 10:27 PM
Just played the MP demo. Had a lot of fun, even though I couldn't hit anything worth a damn! The game looks great and the weapons are really cool. Classic Tribes weps with some fun stuff thrown in, like that sheild/krull disc thingy.

Wish they had added text to speech like UT04. WIsh every multi player game had that from now on, although it would soound weird in a WW2 setting..

I'm buying this sucker first day. Hope it hold me till HL2 at the end of november... my wallets getting thin.