PDA

View Full Version : Cannot install forceware 66.70

▄▌▄ ∑
09-29-04, 04:44 PM
I can't install the new forcewares, I extracted the package to a folder on my desktop went to >properties>advanced>adapter>update drivers>from file> and I selected the folder that the drivers were in and I get the "wizard could not find a better match for your blah blah... any ideas?

aAv7
09-29-04, 04:57 PM
did u un-install the previous drivers, first?

▄▌▄ ∑
09-29-04, 05:08 PM
nope, thats probably it lol, should I click uninstall device?

aAv7
09-29-04, 06:28 PM
nah just to into control panel and uninstall the nvidia drivers from the "add or remove programs" icon. Then restart, make sure after that restart you go into safe mode and use driver cleaner and bin cleaner ....then install....you should be good to go then =)

▄▌▄ ∑
09-29-04, 06:47 PM
use driver cleaner and bin cleaner where do I get those and what do I do with them :retard:
thanks

garikfox
09-29-04, 06:50 PM
No, Just go into Device Manager, Hit Update Dirver on yer Video Card.

▄▌▄ ∑
09-29-04, 06:54 PM
No, Just go into Device Manager, Hit Update Dirver on yer Video Card.

thats what I'm doing

I can't install the new forcewares, I extracted the package to a folder on my desktop went to >properties>advanced>adapter>update drivers>from file> and I selected the folder that the drivers were in and I get the "wizard could not find a better match for your blah blah... any ideas?

-=DVS=-
09-29-04, 07:12 PM
You must enter the folder and INF file will appear select it for install , don't let windows search for drivers , point directly to them , you prolly did something wrong ?

1. *Don't search. I will choose driver to install*

2. Then *Have A Disk* and lead directly to insides of folder , you prolly at step one used *Search for best driver at these locations*

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=8029&stc=1

mobilenvidia
09-29-04, 11:03 PM
Look here (http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/pages/instructions.htm) for instructions with pretty pictures (as above).