PDA

View Full Version : Gainward 6800 GT 2400 Ultra GS help.

luke97
09-30-04, 07:07 AM
Hi all.
Ive just purchased this card, and I have two little problems with its Expertool Gainward propertary tool. Ive been all day searching on internet some kind of solution bit no luck.

1. Gainward EXPERTOOL works perfectly BUT everytime I start it, on boot, appears a message (16bit MS-DOS Subsistem window) saying (translated from Spanish):
"C:\windows\UI\BIOSCTL.exe. The format of the Device drivers is not valid. Choose "Close" to en the aplication"
When I click i.e. close or omit, the app launches perfectly, but the message is very annoing each time XP starts.

2. Do I need use EXPERTOOL in order to overclock my 2400 GS? Id rather prefer use 3DCoolbits reg edit or other tweak tool like Powerstrip. Anybody know if this app is a must for Golden Samples?

Tnx a lot!!

saturnotaku
09-30-04, 07:36 AM
1. Gainward EXPERTOOL works perfectly BUT everytime I start it, on boot, appears a message (16bit MS-DOS Subsistem window) saying (translated from Spanish):
"C:\windows\UI\BIOSCTL.exe. The format of the Device drivers is not valid. Choose "Close" to en the aplication"
When I click i.e. close or omit, the app launches perfectly, but the message is very annoing each time XP starts.

That might be a language issue relating either to Gainward's program or the Forceware drivers. I assume you have the Spanish version of Windows. Did you install the international Forceware drivers or the English ones? If you have the international drivers it might simply be an incompatibility with EXPERTool (which might not have a separate Spanish translation). In which case you may just have to live with it.

2. Do I need use EXPERTOOL in order to overclock my 2400 GS? Id rather prefer use 3DCoolbits reg edit or other tweak tool like Powerstrip. Anybody know if this app is a must for Golden Samples?

Tnx a lot!!

EXPERTool certainly is not required. The fan speed control feature of that program is handy, but if you're simply looking to overclock, Coolbits will do just fine.

luke97
09-30-04, 07:52 AM
That might be a language issue relating either to Gainward's program or the Forceware drivers. I assume you have the Spanish version of Windows. Did you install the international Forceware drivers or the English ones? If you have the international drivers it might simply be an incompatibility with EXPERTool (which might not have a separate Spanish translation). In which case you may just have to live with it.

EXPERTool certainly is not required. The fan speed control feature of that program is handy, but if you're simply looking to overclock, Coolbits will do just fine.

Yes, youre right. Im using spanish version with english 66.70 beta drivers. Must be something with the language. Tnx.

For overclocking Ill try to use Coolbits, but Ive noticed that Expertcolor have a Fan control, and Coolbits have a temperature indicator, but I dont think that it control the fan rotation too. Maybe the only app capable of control this rotation is Expertool?

Tnx a lot.

luke97
09-30-04, 12:41 PM
Ive installed the international version of forceware drivers and no luck. Eve Ive tested 3 different versions of Esperttool, including 3.19, that I found on Gainwards USA web site.

Tnx