PDA

View Full Version : Is this artifact?

clickart
10-01-04, 12:23 AM
I have a BFG 6800 GT OC to Ultra speed. My temperature didn't go up at all. With Speedfan my temperature is 55 at idle and with Nivida it is at 65 idle. Which one is more correct? How do I test to see if I there are any artifacts? If I have some artifact, does is it going to disappear once I see it or it going to stay at there?

Omega53
10-01-04, 12:34 AM
Run the 3dmark01 mother nature tests @ 1280x1024. Click change at the bottom left in the options section and set test repeat count to 10. Set your AA/AF to make and see if it makes it all the way through. That will give you an answer to your artifacts question. Besides that play doom 3 and that will tell you right away.

Buck Armstrong
10-01-04, 10:18 AM
I have a BFG 6800 GT OC to Ultra speed. My temperature didn't go up at all. With Speedfan my temperature is 55 at idle and with Nivida it is at 65 idle. Which one is more correct? How do I test to see if I there are any artifacts? If I have some artifact, does is it going to disappear once I see it or it going to stay at there?

GTs usually run high 50s-low 60s idle in an average case, so either one isn't far off. However, just to be safe, I'd go with the higher of the 2. Since your GPUs good up to 120, 65 doesn't necessarily mean you'll have problems.

My GT OCed to 400/1120 doesn't go up idle, maybe 1-2 degrees if at all. But it does get a bit hotter under load than at stock speeds. So stress the card and check what your load temp is; thats what will tell you if the OC is pushing temps too high.