PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Of Upgradeing IS ALL AMD 64'S Multipler locked

john19055
10-02-04, 12:46 AM
Is the AND 64 mutipler locked I think the 51 and 53 are not but they are to high.Is the N-force3 better to go with then the VIA boards and witch n-force3 boards have the AGP /PCI FSB locks on them. and witch AMD 64 seem to be the best overclocker.

Sazar
10-02-04, 03:57 AM
yep... all locked... some of them you can drop the mults down, but you can't raise em...

only the FX series is not locked...

if you come across a way to unlock them let us know :cool:

Riptide
10-02-04, 09:36 AM
As Sazar said the FX series is the only one that's unlocked. That said, I think the others will let you lower the multiplier, just not increase it. Someone want to correct me there if I'm wrong? That is the way I remember reading about it.

As far as I know all nforce3 boards have working locks. Also, some of the newer revision VIA boards have working locks as well (such as A8V revision 2.0). People seem to like the nforce3 boards like the MSI a little better in general but I've seen a few people do pretty good with the Asus A8V as well and it's a K8T800.

Dazz
10-03-04, 04:09 PM
I like more speed myself, i have my A64 3500+ 2.2Ghz running 250MHz x 10.5 giving 2625Mhz

Sazar
10-03-04, 04:12 PM
As Sazar said the FX series is the only one that's unlocked. That said, I think the others will let you lower the multiplier, just not increase it. Someone want to correct me there if I'm wrong? That is the way I remember reading about it.

thats what I said :cool:

yah.. afaik thats how it is... you can drop the mults on some mobo's... just can't raise em...