PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard and mouse bad or good for X-Box live?

LiquidX
10-03-04, 03:43 PM
I posted this somewhere esle but thought this may interest some here. It seems the XBox will be getting alot closer to being a pc with this new devise that allows you to use a keyboard and mouse. Found this thread over a teamxbox forums. It literaly has them scared, someone even called MS hotline to complain. Can you say ownage in Halo 2 on Live from the pc crowd if this thing comes to light? They even think of this as a cheat. :p

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=297493&page=1&pp=15
LINK (http://forum.lik-sang.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1089)
VIDEO (http://image.lik-sang.com/content/smartjoy-frag/SmartJoy_FRAG_Halo.mpg) Halo using KB/Mouse combo.

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//large/smartjoy-frag-xbox3.jpghttp://image.lik-sang.com/images//large/smartjoy-frag-xbox.jpg

What do you all with Live and and getting Halo2 think? Will this ruin it for those that dont have a keyboard and mouse? The XBox controller is pretty good with Halo but with a keyboard and mouse it will be a cake walk.

LycosV
10-03-04, 03:56 PM
Seems a little unbalancing, but meh, what are you going to do?
Further explained: Halo 2 will probably be very similar to Halo and you move around so slow (especially jumping) in Halo that you'd get blown away by someone with a mouse/keyboard.

Vash
10-03-04, 04:25 PM
Having played both Halo Xbox and Halo PC, I can say that using a mouse/keyboard destroys some of the Halo-specific "feel". What will make things worse is that Halo 2 will almost certainly control 100% the same as Halo did - which means that people with keyboards and mice will have also have the aiming-assist that everyone else w/controllers does.

This could suck. But that just means that we'll have to get better w/the controller, hmm?

Edge
10-03-04, 04:41 PM
Ugh, horrible, horrible idea. The entire reason I like playing on Live is because it's a level playing field for everyone and noone has an advantage (i.e. same framerate, graphics, control method, etc.). This pretty much destroys that continuity, so I might as well just not play console FPS games online anymore. Sad that this thing has to come out RIGHT before Halo 2 does, the game will basically be broken on day one. I hope there's a way MS can lock it out online (although how they would do that I have no idea). Well, at least this will stop some of the whining's people have about playing FPS on consoles.

LiquidX
10-03-04, 05:13 PM
I have to agree with you guys at first it seemed like a great idea and didnt see why so many were against it but on further thinking I also think it will be bad for a fair playing field which Live now has. The thing is I doubt MS can do anything about it but we will see with Halo 2 a month and days away.

aAv7
10-03-04, 06:23 PM
I'd play my xbox 100% more if there was a keyboard and mouse. I understand the level playing field....but man...controllers just suck arse for fps's.

Zeta
10-03-04, 07:58 PM
OMG this is the best thing since sliced bread. All the FPS noobs that can beat me at halo with a joypad I will finally be able to rock their world and show them what I mean about the differences between keboards and joypads. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This is great!

de><ta
10-03-04, 08:19 PM
:lol2:

Poor console box kiddies. I think I should serve them some cheese to go along with their whine.

S.I.N
10-03-04, 09:09 PM
I'm on the phone with MS right now,anyone who loves XBL as we know it should call 18004MYXBOX and let them know how you feel about this XBL destroying device

Anyone who does not understand the magnitude of this is simply stupid IMO,whatever now you M/K players can own XBL all to yourselves and force everyone else to quit playing FPS because of a controller that "doubles your hit rate

I think these two think its the end of the world. :rofl

Originally Posted by pingspike
quit whining and just get better. or buy it, no reason to be a childish little stickler because somebody is pwning you with a kb and mouse. if i remember correctly i used to get pwned on quaker 3 for the DC because i didnt have a mouse and kb, but then i got better..... cry xbud

**** you dickhead you are the typical asswhipe aggogant pukes that make me sick.
Get better you say!! well it's impossiple to get better than a MK that allows you to "double your hit rate in all tested FPS"
You think it's soo great that nobody using a controler willever be able to play on a fair playing fired again on XBL.
**** you and the horse you rode in on you arrogant self centered **** you just can't see the the other way can you **** face.
You give the typical bull**** line like all the other ****ers that want to ruin XBL for anyone not using a MK,"quit whining" "get some skills" you know what ****er there is no way anyone can ever get the skills to match a "double hit rate controller".
You can spin your **** anyway you want asswhipe but it does not cange the fact that once this product is released everyone using a controller on XBL FPS is offically nothing but cannon fodder and the only ones who can compete at all must use the MK.
So keep spinning your **** all you want but this is esencially a cheat device for XBL since it gives a clear and decided advantage to anyone who uses it.

:lol2: That thread is hilarious, it's like the end of the world over there. I say give em hell.

Edge
10-03-04, 10:00 PM
Well yeah, it basically ruins Xbox Live for a lot of people, no wonder they're getting so strung up about it. It's like what Aimbot did to Counter-strike...

jAkUp
10-03-04, 10:21 PM
meh.. pc's had this.. what... 8 years ago? hah

XP_GUN
10-03-04, 10:26 PM
^ and its still the best.

monkeydust
10-04-04, 06:25 AM
I never finished Halo on XBox because I suck at FPS's with those controllers. I'd certainly welcome a keyboard/mouse option. I never really was into XBox Live either.

I'll probably pick one of them up. The only downside is finding a good surface to put the keyboard/mouse on while at the couch. Guess I'd prob have to use the coffee table and sit on the floor. :retard:

Buenamos
10-04-04, 11:55 AM
Halo is one specific case where I'm actually better with a controller than a mouse and keyboard, it's wierd.....I guess just playing it so frequently on xbc and at tournies, that it becomes natural.

vampireuk
10-04-04, 12:01 PM
Oh man that is awesome :D

Sorry but if it has the console kiddies kicking and screaming I love the idea ;)

revbatboy
10-04-04, 12:10 PM
I welcome the change. FPS with a controller sucks.

|JuiceZ|
10-04-04, 12:18 PM
I had a discussion with my cousin, who is in a top 10 ranked Halo clan, about this last night. He said he didn't care really, just thought we'd look pretty goofy playing w/ a kb/ms while everyone else is using controller. I reminded him it was obvious he doesn't attend a lot of Lan parties :p

The only thing that bothers me about this is does Halo allow you to disable “auto aim”? That would royally suck trying to aim w/ a mouse w/ that thing on.

NAZCA M12
10-04-04, 12:48 PM
I am not really against the move, but for sure against the timing of the whole thing. Since they know that such a thing would screw the level playing field they have, why don't they make sure everyone gets it as standard, wait a bit, make a new beginning on a new platform? What i'm saying is, leave the current platform as it stands and do it for the Xbox 2 Live (as long as they don't have it as optional). That way, either everyone will be happy with it or all players will be bitching about it (level playing field) :D