New Official Nvidia 40.72 WHQL drivers are out on Nvidia Website
Downloading them now for winxp

Winxp 12.3mb
Win2k
also win98/winme version too 9.8mb

Im downloading winxp one

thcdru2k
11-08-02, 10:23 PM
are there any differences between non-whql and whql drivers of the same version?

b5fan
11-08-02, 11:01 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRR

THESE are messed up

official drivers and the 2 things that are messed up are still BLEEPED

I wont swear but i feel like it

:(

Im not impressed

1) The control panel still wont work

2) legend of mir still messed up , get like graphics flickering on screen every so often

I thought nvidia would have fixed the problems with these dirvers when are WHQL and Official but NO they havent
Im not impressed not at all :(

Anyone know email address i can email nvidia with this about as im not impressed

Back to 30.82 drivers for me AGAIN

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ive got a Geforce 3 ti 200

LordVampyre
11-09-02, 02:36 AM
Must be something in your system then. Cause I got them, installed them and I got a tasty boost and seeing lots of things I havent seen before. ie: mega fog in RTCW... much clearer, much more defined.. very nice.. UT looks much better .. so, so far, Im a happy camper with these.

humm you did totally remove the old drivers first using detdestroyer or such didnt you?

Renzo
11-09-02, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by b5fan
THESE are messed up

1) The control panel still wont work

2) legend of mir still messed up , get like graphics flickering on screen every so often

Back to 30.82 drivers for me AGAIN

Another proof of WHQL certification meaning nothing. I just have to wonder how some drivers get through that certification process.

StealthHawk
11-09-02, 05:59 AM
were the non-WHQL 40.72 drivers beta or official?

these WHQL 40.72s seem to have been promoted to the status of an official release. at least, for some reason i remember the 40.72s originally being a beta release, though that could just be my imagination.

b5fan
11-09-02, 07:00 AM
hi,
They official drivesr's suppose to BE grrrrrrrr

Yep uninstalled all drivers and same

BUT why is the 41.03 drivers working fine ?????

thats what i cant work out and they say they for quadro boards
urm i think nvidia bleeped up and released wrong drivers for official ones.

ANYONE know nvidia email address as i want to complain big time
because i bet people who had same problem with these drivers will have same again just like me

Nope if it was my system what the bleep can it be that works fine with the 30.82 and the quadro 41.03 drivers
BUT messes up with the 40.72 drivers urmmmmm
I think nvidia cant be arsed to fix the problems
FFS
Nvidia if this is how u going to be u can stuff your cards up yout ARSE
next card i get i proberly get a ATI Radeon
if Nvidia going to goof like this with drivers and not fix problems
that people been mentioning

eL_PuSHeR
11-09-02, 10:18 AM
Has anybody noticed nVIDIA is 2 days ahead of current time. Today is Nov, 9th. nVIDIA's time is Nov, 11th. Cool.

sebazve
11-09-02, 02:37 PM
lol true 11th of november wtf!!!!

Hey also the 30.82 is still at the Windows2000/XP driver page and they are also official. So then WTF is going on???

Are these one final or not????

They have really messed it this time

:mad:

StealthHawk
11-09-02, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by eL_PuSHeR
Has anybody noticed nVIDIA is 2 days ahead of current time. Today is Nov, 9th. nVIDIA's time is Nov, 11th. Cool.

good, maybe they will launch NV30 early then, by mistake :D

CWB
11-10-02, 12:12 AM
Umm...anybody else notice anything...strange...about these drivers?

With all other recent Asus & Nvidia drivers, I get near the same range. But with the new WHQLs, I lose 3000 3DMarks. All driver and 3DMark settings the same, uninstall in safe mode, etc.

I know all the often-regurgitated crap about 3DMark being synthetic and not reflecting real-life situations and blah blah blah, but Im not comparing it to anything but itself here. Only difference is driver versions.

The wierd thing is, the 40.72 betas put me in the usual range; but the WHQL version of the same driver costs 3000 3DMarks?

sebazve
11-10-02, 12:21 AM
hey CWB what about your games?

CWB
11-10-02, 12:52 AM
Thats a great question. Unfortunately, I cant answer it because I reinstalled 31.40s before I tried any games. Ok, so Im not the sharpest knife in the drawer...;)

Edguy
11-10-02, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by CWB
With all other recent Asus & Nvidia drivers, I get near the same range. But with the new WHQLs, I lose 3000 3DMarks. All driver and 3DMark settings the same, uninstall in safe mode, etc.

enable coolbitz if you haven't already done so... and check your V-Sync setting.. with all previous det's it's been "auto" = OFF...

with these WHQL ones at least for me it was ON.. which means about 2500 points in 3dmark for me (8500 ->> 6000)...

hope it helps...

CWB
11-10-02, 01:02 PM
Thanks Ed, but I always turn vsync off before I run 3DMark. I checked and rechecked all the driver settings and benched it 3 times...same -3000 every time.

Then I uninstalled 40.72s, reinstalled 31.40s, and instantly regained that 3000 points. Sebazve hints at a good point tho...if they work in games, I dont care about 3DMark.

sebazve
11-10-02, 01:11 PM
hey CWB i dont know about 3dmark i deleted a long time ago :D but one thing with this new drivers my games play a lot more smooth and faster and this is with my crappy gf4mx.

so give it another chance.

PsychoSy
11-10-02, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by eL_PuSHeR

Nah, that's just a reminder for the Nvidia employees that they are supposed to be 2 full days ahead of everyone else, including the competition. :p ;)

*rimshot*

As for these WHQLs, I'm not even going to bother as the Betas work fine enough for me. Not broke. Not gonna fix. :cool:

thcdru2k
11-10-02, 04:08 PM
they released it on the 8th..so there actually 3 days ahead :)