PDA

View Full Version : Neo 2 dimm slot 1&2 not giving dual channel

lytalbayre
10-04-04, 12:56 AM
All,

Having some issues setting up this board... which is weird considering I usually have no problems with hardware set-ups.

I have Corsair TwinX 4000 Pro 2x512mb (double sided) memory (w/LEDS)

AMD Winchester 90nm 3200+ A64

Neo 2 board

when putting memory in slot 1 and 2, Slot two is innactive (LEDs not lighting up) and the board is reporting memory errors and I get no post....

So, I take both sticks out and test each independently in slot 1 and they both work fine separately. Also, both sticks work together in slots 1 and 3 (But this is only single channel).

Each stick works well separately in slot 3 as well.

When testing slot 3 and 4, slot 4 is innactive and I get memory error reports with no post.

basically, what this all sums up to is I cant get dual channel and I cant even get 400 fsb with slots 1 and 3 since my ram is double sided!!!!

Anyone experience similar problems?

Solutions???

PaiN
10-04-04, 06:26 AM
The A64 boards are so picky about memory....Its enough to drive a person nuts...Anyway, on the MSI boards there are certain slots that need to be filled frist...recheck and retry the combo in the purple or green dimms(whatever you haven't used).

lytalbayre
10-05-04, 10:09 AM
For anyone experiencing similar problems, a BIOS update fixed this for me. Updated to version 1.3 and am now able to boot dual channel with 400mhz 1T.

Let me know if any of you has any questions.

THanks,

Mark