PDA

View Full Version : CS: Source Release Today?

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
10-04-04, 03:26 PM
Check it out....

http://www.gaminggroove.com/newsitem.php?id=606

ynnek
10-04-04, 03:43 PM
No official word.. The closest thing to an official word is the package sticky, made by a moderator on the steamforums, that seems to be copied from another announcement somewhere else. however, its not on the steampowered front page itself.

So I'm not holding my breath.

aAv7
10-04-04, 03:49 PM
Well if this is true, that means they figured out the pricing for each edition as well. Can't have people pre-order with a "?" regarding the price.

This seems alittle odd...valve usually comments on releases...like when the CS:Source Beta arrived (after a week of delays heh) I would think their would be an official statement by them if this was true. But maybe they will go through with it. :::crosses fingers:::

I was thinking, for those that order the package with HL1 and DOD Source, why can't they make those available as well. =/ I mean maybe not HL1 because of ownership/lega reasons...but DOD is just like CS, a mod ....I don't see why this can't be available upon pre-order as well. It would really help push steam sales.

GlowStick
10-04-04, 09:35 PM
It would be nice, however valve would have to make sure they get paied first, so i dont think they will unless they make cs: source a seprate purchase.

jAkUp
10-05-04, 12:16 AM
Guess the release wasn't today :(

theultimo
10-05-04, 03:48 AM
Shucks, was all ready to give valve $$$

six_storm
10-05-04, 10:05 AM
I'm still debating whether or not I should go ahead and pay for HL2 just to play CS:S. The only thing that is holding me back from doing it is the fact that I'm going to wind up paying so much money and HL2 won't be released until next year. That's the only thing I'm scared of. Is anyone here going to go ahead and pay for HL2 this week?

Ninjaman09
10-05-04, 10:17 AM
Not before a gold announcement.

aAv7
10-05-04, 11:31 AM
I'm still debating whether or not I should go ahead and pay for HL2 just to play CS:S. The only thing that is holding me back from doing it is the fact that I'm going to wind up paying so much money and HL2 won't be released until next year. That's the only thing I'm scared of. Is anyone here going to go ahead and pay for HL2 this week?

Basically, you have to ask yourself....is CS: Source worth $59.99, cause no one really knows when HL2 will be shipped. Could be in a month, could be in six.

jAkUp
10-05-04, 11:32 AM
Well the games been reviewed... so its basically done. I really doubt valve would have magazines review a beta. They want the best score for their game. It shouldn't be much longer before we hear a gold. They want their money just as much as we want their game.

Phoking
10-05-04, 11:37 AM
Not before a gold announcement.

actually..

"The Half-Life 2 offers have been finalized. Details are pasted below. The Steam offers will be available for purchase next week. Those who purchase via Steam, will receive the final version of Counter-Strike: Source immediately. Half-Life 2 and other games in the Steam offerings will be made available to purchasers upon their release."

This was posted last week on HL Fallout so CS:Source should at least be out sometime this week. It also had info on the different steam packages and the Standard/Collectors edition retail boxes.

Link (http://www.hlfallout.net/content/news.php?action=search&find=retail+boxes)

six_storm
10-05-04, 11:39 AM
Well, jakUp, that's true. I'll probably wait a couple of weeks and see if Valve or VV puts out any big news about the game. I do wanna try out CS:S though . . .

ynnek
10-05-04, 11:40 AM
I think its absolutely retarded for people to plunk down any money for a product that doesn't have an official release date. My guess is, Valve will officially annouce ( and I don't mean by i heard from here, or even the steamforums itself) the pricing and methods of order, once they get everything sorted out and the ball actually moving. Till then, they will play it on the safe side and not saying anything.. They are in a legal battle, and I'd imagine their lawyers are ordering them to not say anything at all, so there's absolutely no chance of legal problems.

Remember, there has been no official annoucenment saying CS : S will be available soon. (and don't point me to that mod post) The front page of valve, Vu, and maybe the frontpage of steampowered/Steam interface, with an official press release, is the only official sources. Anything else is rumor or speculation, no matter who they say its from! The internet is great at taking rumor, speculation, missinformation, and spreading it into "fact".

I already think its crazy for paying full in preorders, when the store knows a physical truck is arriving on that day.. Putting down a small amount, like $5 makes sense in this situation though, because you are basically guaranteeing a spot on the next SCHEDULED shipment.

Ninjaman09
10-05-04, 12:18 PM
Phoking, that doesn't mean anything. There still hasn't been an official "Gone Gold" announcement, and until there is, I'm not putting a single cent down towards this game.

stncttr908
10-05-04, 12:30 PM
I think the only thing holding the game back now is this lawsuit mess between Valve and Vivendi.

aAv7
10-05-04, 01:28 PM
Well the games been reviewed... so its basically done. I really doubt valve would have magazines review a beta. They want the best score for their game. It shouldn't be much longer before we hear a gold. They want their money just as much as we want their game.

You have to remember there's a lawsuit going on between Valve and Vivendi, and Vivendi has the right to hold the game for up to 6 months.

This wouldn't be the first time a Valve game was reviewed by all major mags and was no-where to be seen in stores....Counter-Strike : Condition Zero took 4-6 months to be released, after all the reviews and gold announcements...so I'm not holding my breath with HL2. I'm hoping it comes sooner rather than later, but at this point, with both of these companies, you cant trust any announcements they make or rumors that are reported...when it's on a shelf, i'll consider it done and then get excited...not a moment sooner. So like I said....if anyone is thinking of pre-ordering...you have to ask yourself...is CS: Source woth $59.99....cause if the game is held back 6 months...that's all you'll be getting for your money for half a year.

Edge
10-05-04, 02:38 PM
I don't really think they'd push Half-life 2 back until next year, Vivendi knows that the sooner they release it, the more money they'll make. Remember, even though CS:CZ was done 6 months before it was released, they still didn't allow people to pre-load it on Steam until a week before it's was actually out.

Phoking
10-06-04, 05:22 PM
Prices revealed.. You can start purchasing the packages tomorrow and you can play CS:source as soon as you have it downloaded. HL2 will be playable when the retail boxes are released.

"Bronze" $49.95
Half-Life 2*
Counter-Strike: Source

"Silver" $59.95
Half-Life 2*
Half-Life 1: Source*
Day of Defeat: Source*
Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam

"Gold" $89.95
Half-Life 2*
Half-Life 1: Source*
Day of Defeat: Source*
Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam
Complete Half-Life 2 Strategy Guide from Prima Games
3 different Half-Life 2 posters
Half-Life Collector's box
Half-Life 2 hat
Half-Life 2 postcard
Half-Life 2 stickers
Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD

Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).
*(To be made available upon products' release.)

FierceDeityLink
10-06-04, 05:38 PM
Hrm, where do I download my hat?

Gold seems like a lot... $30 for a bunch of collector's stuff, but I'd probably get it if I had the money...
BTW: 11am PST = 1pm EST if did my math correctly. I wish CS:S came with inferno...

EDIT: Does "Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam" mean all of Half-Life and its mods? If so, I'll probably make a new account to be economical...

SH64
10-06-04, 05:39 PM
Is it possible for HL2 voucher holders to get CS:S for free ?? :D

FierceDeityLink
10-06-04, 05:40 PM
Is it possible for HL2 voucher holders to get CS:S for free ?? :D
You get Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source for free as per the bronze package...

SH64
10-06-04, 05:45 PM
You get Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source for free as per the bronze package...

cool .. cuz i just started to get into CS:S . i dont play MP really because of my slow connection .. but CS:S is running just fine for me .

aAv7
10-06-04, 07:20 PM
The gold package sounded very appealing, until now....$90 bucks is fine and all, but I'm not shelling out $90 for a game, still with no release date. I'm sure they charge your credit card seconds after the purchase, and I dont think it's fair to pay for something in full, but not have it to play. I'm not a Counter-strike fan in the least, but finally seeing something using the source engine sounded nice....but now I'll wait it out.

cam9786
10-06-04, 07:26 PM
I heard VU games accidentally printed November 26th as EU and November 23rd US as it's release date. I am sticking to this, as MANY people have been saying this and it was accidentally put up by VU games itself, and was in several News sources.

aAv7
10-06-04, 07:44 PM
That's already been confirmed as fake.