PDA

View Full Version : Drivers.

adpr 02
10-05-04, 12:01 AM
which are the best, most newes, greatest of the best drivers there are for the 6800 cards? I downloaded the 66.70, and 66.81, and 61.7. which should I install? which give the best rezults? benchmarks, or do they just improve performance by .01 FPS? should I just install the latest one?

bkswaney
10-05-04, 12:06 AM
Wrong forum man. (newb) :bash: :angel2:

The 81's seem to work pretty well for most.

saturnotaku
10-05-04, 12:09 AM
OK, first of all, we have an entire forum dedicated to Forceware drivers. In there is some pretty deep discussion about nearly every single 6800-supported set to date. It might take you a while, but a bit of reading will make you better educated. If you want specifics, use the search function (that's why it's there).

And now for the same answer I've given for the umpteen billionth time someone has asked this question: the best drivers are whatever works best for your particular system. No drivers give the same results because of the various combinations of hardware. If you want a safe bet, use the drivers that are available on nvidia.com. Otherwise, use good old fashioned trial and error with the myriad of beta sets that are available to determine which ones you like the best.

bkswaney
10-05-04, 12:13 AM
OK, first of all, we have an entire forum dedicated to Forceware drivers. In there is some pretty deep discussion about nearly every single 6800-supported set to date. It might take you a while, but a bit of reading will make you better educated. If you want specifics, use the search function (that's why it's there).

And now for the same answer I've given for the umpteen billionth time someone has asked this question: the best drivers are whatever works best for your particular system. No drivers give the same results because of the various combinations of hardware. If you want a safe bet, use the drivers that are available on nvidia.com. Otherwise, use good old fashioned trial and error with the myriad of beta sets that are available to determine which ones you like the best.

Great reply. :ORDER:

rewt
10-05-04, 03:33 AM
I agree with everyone else.

Try the 66.81. If they make my old card faster, I'm certain it'd make yours faster too.

mobilenvidia
10-05-04, 03:38 AM
66.81 for speed.
65.73 for stability