PDA

View Full Version : Has the 6800 le/nu softmod worked for you?

Pages : [1] 2

Omega53
10-04-04, 11:42 PM
yes or no!

jAkUp
10-04-04, 11:43 PM
so far so good on my friends Gainward 6800... You should make this a poll :)

Omega53
10-04-04, 11:45 PM
so far so good on my friends Gainward 6800... You should make this a poll :)

I wish the thread wouldnt post till I clicked finish on the poll :(

GamerGuyX
10-04-04, 11:51 PM
It won't work at all for me... :(

The pipelines seem to be hardware locked.

Subtestube
10-05-04, 12:04 AM
GamingLord: Have you tried with the version of Rivatuner that was released... today (possibly, your time, dunno - yesterday mine)? It allows you to try out hardware locked pipes. The success rate for at least unlocking the Vertex pipe has been very, very, high.

Note that when unlocking hardware pipes you NEED to check for artifacting.

jAkUp
10-05-04, 12:08 AM
nevermind.. my friend gets artifacting at 16/6... gonna try 12/6...

bkswaney
10-05-04, 12:18 AM
nevermind.. my friend gets artifacting at 16/6... gonna try 12/6...

It seems this mod on RT is about worthless.
Very few cards are able to be modded it seems.
But that is about right. These cards did not
pass to be a GT or ultra so there was something wrong
with it to begain with. "lol" :angel2:

jAkUp
10-05-04, 12:22 AM
12/6 runs great on my friends 6800!! He gained 1,300 3Dmarks in 2005! Nice!

bkswaney
10-05-04, 12:24 AM
12/6 runs great on my friends 6800!! He gained 1,300 3Dmarks in 2005! Nice!

That's good to hear.
At least the ones that are still good can
be turned on. Every bit of extra free power helps. :D

pat777
10-05-04, 02:03 AM
I voted no because I did it wrong at first but 16/6 works. I only gained a few hundred 3dmarks in 05. In 03 I went from 8000 to 8800. I tested 12/6 just to make sure 16/6 worked. I had 8100 3dmarks with 12/6. Maybe I'm being CPU/RAM limited.

ChrisRay
10-05-04, 02:52 AM
It seems this mod on RT is about worthless.
Very few cards are able to be modded it seems.
But that is about right. These cards did not
pass to be a GT or ultra so there was something wrong
with it to begain with. "lol" :angel2:

Eh, I have seen a really high success rate with the new mod, Heck mine modded to 16x1/6VP and wouldnt with the old one.

mustrum
10-05-04, 03:04 AM
@Poll starter.
Yes but with artifacts? What's that? If you get artifacts you had o success.
Looking good for 6800 owners it seems. Most people can activate something at least. Free additional performance is allways nice!

EciDemon
10-05-04, 03:12 AM
PoV GF6 6800(nu) fully working!

But it seems I cant OC as much with the extra pipes enabled, gonna do some more testing with different drivers and stuff

theultimo
10-05-04, 03:42 AM
BFG 6800OC Full 16/6, no artifacts, volt modded to 1.3.

mustrum
10-05-04, 04:57 AM
PoV GF6 6800(nu) fully working!

But it seems I cant OC as much with the extra pipes enabled, gonna do some more testing with different drivers and stuff
That's what happenes when you enabl 4 pipes with an x800 PRO as well.
I was guessing that it could be the same with the NU but people told me i'm wrong.
Guess i wasn't all that wrong. :lol2:
It's a 100% logical thing. 16 pipes produce more heat than 12 pipes.
The additional pipes should easily make up for the few lost mhz in max OC though.

EciDemon
10-05-04, 06:18 AM
I was guessing that it could be the same with the NU but people told me i'm wrong.
The additional pipes should easily make up for the few lost mhz in max OC though.

Dont quote me just yet ;)

My previous OC was just on the edge of what the card can do in my system.
so I know my room temperature makes a difference.
Right now Ive enabled FW again and Im closing in on my previous OC (when I had FW dissabled)

I really need to figure out what the best combo for me is.

Im atleast sure the soft mod works now, no artifacts with a good OC ... but I think I can go a bit higher ;)

ChrisRay
10-05-04, 06:48 AM

Its not that mustrum. The heat output does not change, The the difference is the amount of power required to reach your said clocks and how much voltage the chip recieves, You keep insisting heat output changes, And it doesnt, I conducted several tests on this with multiple different vertex units/pipe configurations, Regardless of what you have enabled Even in 4x1:2 VP mode, Your heat output remains the same.

ihiktacos
10-05-04, 06:59 AM
Yup Chris, that seems to be my experience as well. However, I also had problems clocking it back to the original OC speeds. Since I was already messing around with the card, I figured I change the core voltage a bit.
The stock voltage on the BFG 6800 is 1.4 V so I upped it .1 to 1.5 V. I reseated the heatsink using Arctic Silver (see my other thread) to bring down the temps a bit and it works pretty well now.

My memory speed still sucks (800) as it did before (which I suspect is due to the lame thermal pads on the stock cooler), but the core is up to 425 with all pipes and vertices enabled (16,6vp). My 3dmark03 score is now 11200+ compared to about 9500 before all of this stuff, so quite a nice increase :)

Next step probably is to do something about those memory pads :/

shaker718
10-05-04, 07:20 AM
i checked the debug info for my leadtek 6800, i've been able to unlock all pipes and all vertexs and i was running it at 500/800 and everytime i played a game or ran a benchmark i received a notice of L2->L1 transition (i believe this means that the card has throttled down due to stress yes?). however the temps never went up over 70c. now i changed the clocks back down to stock 325/700 and ran another bunch of benches and still the same debug info came back. what could this mean? i was thinking maybe it isnt getting enough juice now, but im not sure what the voltage is right at this moment since im at work. any ideas? am i damaging the card? i get no artifacts whatsoever in any benches or games even at the highest settings. a reply would be much appreciated .

edit:Im sorry i dont know where i was.... i meant 350/800, dunno where that 500 came from,maybe i was thinking about how much i owe in credit card bills

ragejg
10-05-04, 08:26 AM
500 core? bejeezus...

GamerGuyX
10-05-04, 12:27 PM
GamingLord: Have you tried with the version of Rivatuner that was released... today (possibly, your time, dunno - yesterday mine)? It allows you to try out hardware locked pipes. The success rate for at least unlocking the Vertex pipe has been very, very, high.

Note that when unlocking hardware pipes you NEED to check for artifacting.

Thats the thing. It doesn't even allow me to unlock any of them! It just stays at 12 pipes / 5v! I wish I could at least try them to see if they work. And yes, I do have the newest Riva-Tuner (unless someone put a link to an older version on this forum). I mean, its just wierd. I check the boxes and it says 16 pipes / 6v in Nvstrap. But it says 12 pipes / 5v in the info button in Rivatuner itself. :bash:

Subtestube
10-05-04, 04:30 PM
Thats the thing. It doesn't even allow me to unlock any of them! It just stays at 12 pipes / 5v! I wish I could at least try them to see if they work. And yes, I do have the newest Riva-Tuner (unless someone put a link to an older version on this forum). I mean, its just wierd. I check the boxes and it says 16 pipes / 6v in Nvstrap. But it says 12 pipes / 5v in the info button in Rivatuner itself. :bash:

[Note - I didn't make this image. - I nicked it... so it's not as clear as had I made it myself. I'm a little busy at the mo to get the new RT and play with it myself]:
Have you done this?

GamerGuyX
10-05-04, 04:39 PM
[Note - I didn't make this image. - I nicked it... so it's not as clear as had I made it myself. I'm a little busy at the mo to get the new RT and play with it myself]:
Have you done this?

WTF!!!! I don't even have that little box!!!! As in: Its not even there AT ALL! Uh, okay... :(

Subtestube
10-05-04, 04:41 PM
Are you 100% sure you have Rivatuner 15.2? The absence of that box suggests not.

GamerGuyX
10-05-04, 04:43 PM
Are you 100% sure you have Rivatuner 15.2? The absence of that box suggests not.

Well I thought I was sure... Hmmm. Google time...

EDIT: I just put Rivatuner 15.2 into google. I downloaded it and installed it and still nothing! Must I uninstall the old version before I use this one? Am I going crazy or something because I swear I don't have that box!!!