PDA

View Full Version : Crytek deceives and has killed any future for FarCry

Pages : [1] 2

aAv7
10-05-04, 02:52 PM
Today on the ubisoft forums, it was announced that the "rocks on the beach" scene and other i.q changes, WONT be implemented in the 1.3 patch and will only "possibly" be used in the 64-bit version of FarCry, which alot like the patch, is nowhere to be found.

I find it deceiving that they used this demo with I.Q changes during the 6800 launch party and E3, and told everyone these scenes would be in the 1.3 patch then wait half a year to say "nope not in the patch...but maaaaaybe in the 64-bit version)

Those of you with 64-bit cpu's, dont get too happy...as it was also announced the 64-bit version is nowhere near ready, and that they do not plan on releasing it until Microsoft releases a 64-bit OS ( they claim the beta doesnt support all 64-bit features needed) and seeing as microsoft is focused on longhorn...you can basically say FarCry is officially dead. All this time i've waitied and followed progress..or lack thereof...what a let down....I'll make sure my money never goes toward a crytek product again. Don't get me wrong, it was a really good game, but as soon as they got our $$, they abadoned this title and left everyone in the dark as to what was going on.

And finally, when asked about the 1.3 patch the same answer that has been given for the last 2 months was typed...."soon" :lame:

FarCry r.i.p
Bring on HL2.

Intel17
10-05-04, 03:05 PM
Who gives a damn...Im playing Unreal 2 again, and UT2004 to hold me off till HL2.

Riptide
10-05-04, 03:16 PM
Screw Crytek for this.

:lame:

By the time they come out with the 64bit version and/or a patch that works right for everyone people will be like, "What's FarCry?"

GamerGuyX
10-05-04, 03:20 PM
Who gives a damn...Im playing Unreal 2 again, and UT2004 to hold me off till HL2.

I give a damn. When I buy a game its not a one time thing for me. I actually play games even years after I buy them. To me, enhanced graphics make me wanna play the game again. Just to see what has changed. I don't know, call me crazy...

LiquidX
10-05-04, 03:25 PM
I new I was right a few months back when I said Far Cry is basically dead with most of the team heading to EA. I still haven't picked up FarCry and in away was waiting for this patch, so I guess I might aswell pick it up now with this news instead of waiting.

|JuiceZ|
10-05-04, 03:26 PM
By the time they come out with the 64bit version and/or a patch that works right for everyone people will be like, "What's FarCry?"

Yea really, they're almost as bad as Valve....:rolleyes:

Xplode
10-05-04, 03:34 PM
You were expecting them to actually realese it???

aAv7
10-05-04, 04:06 PM
I give a damn. When I buy a game its not a one time thing for me. I actually play games even years after I buy them. To me, enhanced graphics make me wanna play the game again. Just to see what has changed. I don't know, call me crazy...

I agree with you 100% I dont just play a game once and be done with it. Especially since 99% of PC games have some form of online play. The problem with FarCry is, they keep delaying this 1.3 patch that is going to improve gameplay online, thus making it simply a benchmark for me right now. I've played the SP more times than I want to remember at this point, and sure, maybe in a year i'll want to play through it again, but for now...no patch, which means no online play...there are no mods....no support whatsoever...which means in my eyes, the game is dead.

I new I was right a few months back when I said Far Cry is basically dead with most of the team heading to EA. I still haven't picked up FarCry and in away was waiting for this patch, so I guess I might aswell pick it up now with this news instead of waiting.

You might want to wait till early 05 when they finally do release the 1.3 patch, as it still will have HDRL so u can play it with a shiny glow :rolleyes:

Woodelf
10-05-04, 04:56 PM
farcry = resume :thinker:

Mr. Hunt
10-05-04, 05:14 PM
There ARE some mods in the works... but so far nothing has came out that I know of. The offset bumpmapping is already in the game so I hope some mods will make use of it for the environment.

I sometimes visit crymod.com and look in the forums to see what people are doing... one person has a really nice Shelby Cobra vehicle he is working on and I saw an ingame screenshot and it looks great so far. I also saw somebody with a working H2 in the game that looked quite fun.

Intel17
10-05-04, 05:16 PM
I dont see how an HDR patch would extend its life. HDR is very overrated

It was a great game, I play it from time to time, but there are better games, like UT2004...now that was the best buy ever..and according to gamerankings.com its the best PC game released this year :)

Riptide
10-05-04, 05:35 PM
UT2K4 is the best of the year so far, IMO. I can't seem to get tired of ONS.

aAv7
10-05-04, 06:19 PM
UT2K4 is the best of the year so far, IMO. I can't seem to get tired of ONS.

Yea...I also agree on that. UT2K4 is hands down the best game of 2004. The only way I think that could change is if HL2 ships this year and is half as good as the reviews are hyping it to be. ONS is too addicting, and when I finally do get tired of it from time to time, there's pretty much 10 million other game types I get into for weeks, if not months at a time..like assault, instagib ctf, etc.

Doom_Machine
10-05-04, 07:02 PM
the 1.2 patch worked perfect for my 6800gt and seemed to cure any glitches i ever noticed and whats this "rocks at the beach scene" about?

so far my preorder of hl2 still says nov 3rd...got my fingers crossed

aAv7
10-05-04, 07:06 PM
the 1.2 patch worked perfect for my 6800gt and seemed to cure any glitches i ever noticed and whats this "rocks at the beach scene" about?

so far my preorder of hl2 still says nov 3rd...got my fingers crossed

HL2 aint coming any earlier than nov. 23rd....and even thats "ify"

Doom_Machine
10-05-04, 07:43 PM
publishers have to announce any release changes to vendors regardless....so far the verdict from the publisher is on the 1st...if your lookn at tom's hardware, its been noted thier source for that info was questionable since that source would have no way of knowing

http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/235059.asp

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006I02Z/tomswebsite08-20/103-3012080-9401418?creative=327641&camp=14573&link_code=as1

Woodelf
10-05-04, 07:52 PM
publishers have to announce any release changes to vendors regardless....so far the verdict from the publisher is on the 1st...if your lookn at tom's hardware, its been noted thier source for that info was questionable since that source would have no way of knowing

http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/235059.asp

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006I02Z/tomswebsite08-20/103-3012080-9401418?creative=327641&camp=14573&link_code=as1
Funny that vampire show the 8th.
I still say their release is linked to HL2's.
http://ebgames.com/ebx/product/235706.asp

Doom_Machine
10-05-04, 08:09 PM
the vampire game is linked, it uses the same engine so according to the usual contracts they have to release the game after the release of hl2...but its possible if hl2 gets pushed back more and another developer is waiting that valve would let them go ahead and release it

Woodelf
10-05-04, 08:21 PM
the vampire game is linked, it uses the same engine so according to the usual contracts they have to release the game after the release of hl2...but its possible if hl2 gets pushed back more and another developer is waiting that valve would let them go ahead and release it
I have a funny feeling that it has been waiting.
This isn't the first time I've seen their release dates so close together.

Doom_Machine
10-05-04, 08:39 PM
ya the devopers for vampire have been done for quite a while now i do beleive, thier just stuck on thier contract, just seems to me valve would let em release it if they have to wait any longer since theres no doubt alot of money sittn there doin nothing but costing more but i doubt it, if valves publisher doesnt change thier date for another couple of weeks then i think the nov 1st is a safe bet, if weve learned anything from farcry and doom3 and every other previous popular game then its known that you always rely on the vendor's date before any others websties date since that date is direct from publisher and required.

aAv7
10-05-04, 09:11 PM
Vampires was ready last year in october, but due to HL2's delay, they've basically been sitting on the game for a year.

They have been tweaking it, etc...using the time wisely...but the game has been ready for a year and I really feel for them. They have to be kicking themselves for using the source engine and being screwed over on releasing the product. But then again....would so many people even give this game a second look if it was on a lesser engine? Kind of a catch 22 for them. I hope you're right....i'd love to have HL2 nov.1st.....but seeing as a few sites that were @ a convention that VUG was at reported them being told late nov. at earliest....I'm skeptical. All I know is Valve has soaked alot into this game...they need to see some returns, and I know Vivendi is in a not so good financial state right now, and can really use a boost....so to me, it would make sense to push this puppy out the door asap....but with the lawsuit, and vivendi being vivendi (clueless idiots) I can c possible problems.

The lawsuit worries me...because they need to know how much $$ each company has coming before they can release it.

Slyder
10-06-04, 02:07 AM

Agreed. I completed it, then it went at the back of my collection tbh. It was a very poor game and I expected alot better. So I am not to worried about a few rocks on a beach..lol

Arioch
10-06-04, 05:10 AM
WoW has made me its bitch even in beta so this news won't kill me but I am very disappointed. When the news of EA acquiring Crytek was announced and with the knowledge that a console port was in the works I kind of expected the game to be dead.

SlamDunk
10-06-04, 05:21 AM
I don't care. Far Cry was and still is an awesome game. I'm still playing it and having fun.

msxyz
10-06-04, 05:50 AM
Far Cry is a valid product but the support given by Ubisoft/Crytek makes me want to reconsider any future purchase from these two companies