PDA

View Full Version : Coolbits 3d warning

Raptorman
10-05-04, 10:12 PM
This is a warning as several people have had this problem

Upon installing Coolbits 3d and going to the AGP tab under OS my system reported 2x. Finding this odd I ran 3dmark 05 and lost 1200 3d marks. When I reinstalled the driver without coolbits 3d my fps literally doubled to 34 from the 17 it was with coolbits 3d installed (which was odd for game 1 to run at 17fps anyway, I noticed after installing coolbits3d).

So, if you are experiencing poor performance and have coolbits 3d installed, remove it and see what happens. It seems it's messing with something and setting the AGP to 2x instead of 4x or 8x like it should be.

My 3dmark scores:
Before coolbits3d: 5679
With coolbits3d: 4401

I am using the 66.81 drivers.

rewt
10-05-04, 10:47 PM
This is a warning as several people have had this problem

Upon installing Coolbits 3d and going to the AGP tab under OS my system reported 2x.

This is absolutely normal!! It is not a Coolbits bug. 3Dmark and/or Sandra still reports AGP 8x.

Because your framerates were cut in half, I suspect it to be simply a Vsync issue.

Coolbits has an entries to help make games run smoother. They include DefaultSwapInterval=1 and EnableOGLAcceleration=1, among others. If you suspect Coolbits is causing a problem with your card (mind you I don't have a 6800U to test), you can try turning these off.

Raptorman
10-05-04, 11:42 PM
vsync was not enabled. I could only get my score to go back up when I reinstalled the drivers. I had no problems like this before installing coolbits 3d.

Just a little help if anyone has this same problem I did.

rewt
10-05-04, 11:44 PM
If you do not use vsync (i.e. you set vsync OFF), then you should set DefaultSwapInterval to 0. I designed Coolbits to help get rid of screen tearing issues.

Raptorman
10-05-04, 11:53 PM
Alright, cool. Might give that a shot then.

Devourer
10-06-04, 10:50 AM
So should the OS report as 2x at all times regardless of the driver version?

Wiredzero
10-06-04, 04:50 PM
It'd be a good question to have answered, and would probably clear up some confusion.

rewt
10-06-04, 05:28 PM
So should the OS report as 2x at all times regardless of the driver version?

No. It should report what AGP speed Windows supports, but it doesn't, regardless of the driver. This is obviously a Windows bug. Nvidia would have fixed it by now.

There have been many threads on this very topic. Use the forum's Search function. It's there for a reason ;)

Devourer
10-07-04, 09:19 PM
No. It should report what AGP speed Windows supports, but it doesn't, regardless of the driver. This is obviously a Windows bug. Nvidia would have fixed it by now.

There have been many threads on this very topic. Use the forum's Search function. It's there for a reason ;)

Well sir. This thread was made specifically in relation to your coolbits 3D & special regard to the OS reporting 2x. This was the proper thread to ask in. No need to use the search forum when my question was to you & having to do with your coolbits 3D & the orginal posters problem. ;)

rewt
10-07-04, 09:23 PM
OK, agreed. I'm sorry if I offended anyone.