PDA

View Full Version : NVRotate and dual monitors

jacksonpt
10-06-04, 01:18 PM
I've got a GeForce FX 5200 running dual monitors (hoizontal span). In this setting, NVRotate is not available to me. However, when I switch to a single display setting, NVRotate is available and works wonderfully.

Is there a way to use NVRotate with dual monitors in horizontal span setting? I would like to have both monitors rotated 90degrees and still spanning.

I did a search, but didn't find anything.

roninpc
10-06-04, 03:32 PM
did you try to enable clone first...then do the nvrotate...then try to switch it to horizontal span? I am not sitting in front of my machine right now but I got mine to work.

ricercar
10-07-04, 03:04 AM
Use Dualview instead of horizontal span. Dualview is two (independently-rotatable) adjacent desktops, but Horizontal span is one desktop shown across two monitors.

jacksonpt
10-07-04, 07:07 AM
Use Dualview instead of horizontal span. Dualview is two (independently-rotatable) adjacent desktops, but Horizontal span is one desktop shown across two monitors.
That worked - thanks. One other question... more than an annoyance than anything. When running Dualview, is there a way to let my task bar span both monitors? That's why I had been running in Horizontal Span mode. If not, no biggie - the advantages of Dualview with both rotated outweight the inconvenience of the shortened task bar.

Thanks again.