PDA

View Full Version : When will there be a price drop?

kasperisa
10-06-04, 05:46 PM
Does anyone know when to expect a price drop for the 6800 ultra?

LiquidX
10-06-04, 06:04 PM
Best bet when the next gen of cards are announced and when there is a abundant supply that will stop many places from price gauging so prices outside of the big name stores settle back at 499.

DarthBinky
10-06-04, 07:01 PM
Yeah, supply is a big problem right now, and until that's alleviated, don't expect prices to fall.

bkswaney
10-06-04, 09:22 PM
Yeah, supply is a big problem right now, and until that's alleviated, don't expect prices to fall.

Very true... Heck I saw GT's selling for 500 not long ago.
Now everyone has GT's so there prices are back down and
lower than before. :)

The ultra's will get lower sooner or later.

MUYA
10-07-04, 12:49 AM
probably next year when the refreshes start appearing in trickles at various outlets. Otherwise yeilds issues at IBM and/or 1.6 ns memory modules shortages could be the reason why we are not seeing volume availabilty....

bkswaney
10-07-04, 01:11 AM
probably next year when the refreshes start appearing in trickles at various outlets. Otherwise yeilds issues at IBM and/or 1.6 ns memory modules shortages could be the reason why we are not seeing volume availabilty....

I think you hit the nail on the head.
GT's are just now really getting to where
u can get one with ease.
So it seems the lower core speed chips
are coming along much better.
Memory to.

MUYA
10-07-04, 01:13 AM
Ya BK...seems unless NV really gets new core revisons for speed grades...and Samsung get 1.6ns out faster, the ultras will largely remain.....not so available en mass :D

I do hope they get problems sorted out.

CaptNKILL
10-07-04, 02:14 AM
A big thanks goes out to the person that posted the link on the $300 Best Buy 6800 GT deal in June. The cards have for the most part gone up in price since they were available, and I got mine for a lot less :D

Chippy
10-07-04, 06:55 AM
I think you hit the nail on the head.
GT's are just now really getting to where
u can get one with ease.
So it seems the lower core speed chips
are coming along much better.
Memory to.

I have to believe that the memory is what's in short supply. The reason I say this is because so many GT cores can do 425 and above. Surely if there was a shortage of Ultra-capable cores, then this wouldn't be the case?

Chip

Marcos
10-07-04, 07:38 AM
9800xt was 499.99 for a loooooong time in stores like bestbuys