PDA

View Full Version : Who will buy Half Life 2 on Steam or DVD?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

AthlonXP1800
10-06-04, 06:04 PM
Half-Life 2 Steam Offers Ready Thursday (http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=325)

It hard for me to decide whether or not to cancel Half Life 2 DVD pre-order as the DVD contain just Half Life 2 and CounterStrike: Source, no Half Life: Source that I want to play deathmatch, I am sure it will have all new deathmatch Source maps.

I felt I have to cancel my pre-order and get Silver package. I am about to order a Pioneer 108 DVD writer so that I can burn all Half Life 2 pre-load images into DVD and restore it later rather than redownload it all over again after format the hard drive. :D

SH64
10-06-04, 06:11 PM
Errr .. wheres the Steam option ??

i'm going to get it from Steam because i still have the voucher & i wanna make a good use out of it ! :p

Woodelf
10-06-04, 06:14 PM
One things for sure, I wont be buying it untill it's released.
I would like to get it on DVD and have half life source. So I figure that I'll get it which ever way includes it. I own half life, so I think it should be included as an upgrade on the DVD.

Omega53
10-06-04, 06:15 PM
Gold edition here.

AthlonXP1800
10-06-04, 06:18 PM
Errr .. wheres the Steam option ??

i'm going to get it from Steam because i still have the voucher & i wanna make a good use out of it ! :p

Steam options is Bronze, Silver and Gold, your voucher will convert it into Bronze that you will have Half Life 2 and CounterStrike: Source. :)

SH64
10-06-04, 06:19 PM
Steam options is Bronze, Silver and Gold, your voucher will convert it into Bronze that you will have Half Life 2 and CounterStrike: Source. :)

I see .. & thats what i voted for ! :)

i'd like to have the original HL:S though ! .. :|

GamerGuyX
10-06-04, 06:24 PM
It hard for me to decide whether or not to cancel Half Life 2 DVD pre-order as the DVD contain just Half Life 2 and CounterStrike: Source, no Half Life: Source that I want to play deathmatch, I am sure it will have all new deathmatch Source maps.

I thought that Half-Life: Source was just going to be the single-player portion. I didn't know they were also re-doing the multiplayer part of it.

Banko
10-06-04, 06:39 PM
I'm sorry but I will not spend 50 dollars on steam, it should be 30 dollars, not 50. Since they don't have to do the packaging, and other crap that requires more money.

CaptNKILL
10-06-04, 07:14 PM
How about on CD... I dont have a DVD player :|

-=DVS=-
10-06-04, 07:16 PM
Half-Life 2: Collector's Edition DVD offcourse :rolleyes2 i want something solid for my cash and not virtual merchandise.

LiquidX
10-06-04, 07:28 PM
Wow same price as retail no wonder VU is sueing them, they pass on no savings other taxes to the consumer. In anycase I will get the special edition when the price drops.

AthlonXP1800
10-06-04, 07:42 PM
How about on CD... I dont have a DVD player :|

You can get 16x DVD writer for $75, a few weeks ago I thought latest 16x DVD writer cost 200 the price of last year but when I look around for the latest price, I was shocked to discovered DVD writers is now cost as little as 45 or 55 for 16x DVD writer. I ordered Pioneer DVD 108 writer for 54. :nanahump:

Edge
10-06-04, 09:05 PM
Right now I'm leaning toward the Collector's Editoin (DVD), although that Gold package does look pretty tempting, even if it is expensive (and why the hell aren't they including the shirt in that package?). Although do they send you a disc with the Steam options? I mean they send all that other stuff like the hat, stickers, and even the collector's box, isn't it possible that they'll throw the DVD into that? If that's the case then I just *might* get the Gold package instead...although I would rather have a shirt than a hat (the soundtrack sounds cool too...but I can always get that from gamingforce ;) ).

six_storm
10-06-04, 09:07 PM
I just want the frickin game already. Bronze for me. Anyone else buying tommorrow to play CS:S?

XP_GUN
10-06-04, 09:13 PM
I dont know I think ill get the DVD but if it dose not come with HL1 Source I dont know, then again if you get steam you still cant play it when steam is down, then again you also have a hard copy, then again :naughty: um yeah Ill get the DVD version unless it comes out a mouth later after steam releases it. :rolleyes:

jAkUp
10-06-04, 09:13 PM
I'm buying tommorrow right at 11am. Anyways, Gold and DVD for me :) I want all the cool extras Gold has, and I also want the DVD.

S.I.N
10-06-04, 09:31 PM
I'm buying tommorrow right at 11am. Anyways, Gold and DVD for me :) I want all the cool extras Gold has, and I also want the DVD.

Why would you buy the same game twice?

jAkUp
10-06-04, 09:32 PM
Because I reformat so much I don't have time to download the game everytime... Unless you get the DVD when you purchase through Steam, but I don't think you do....

ynnek
10-06-04, 09:50 PM
porbably will upgrade to Silver for my ATI voucher.

However, I may wait to do that when it actually comes out.

anzak
10-06-04, 09:52 PM
Silver for me. I'll be playing CS:Source tomorrow even through I hate CS :P

shinrai
10-06-04, 09:53 PM
I was going to use steam if it was $35 or so but now i going retail and they'd be wrong if they think i'm going to spend more than $55 for retail.

Personally, I'm disgusted at their Steam pricing. I thought that part of the idea behind steam was to also offer slightly better pricing to consumers. My mistake i guess.

Valve are being outrageously greedy if this pricing holds true and why anyone who cares about the prices of games would support Steam is beyond me. Sorry.

jAkUp
10-06-04, 09:58 PM
Half-Life 2 will be a great game. Definetely worth the $50.

anzak
10-06-04, 10:06 PM
I was going to use steam if it was $35 or so but now i going retail and they'd be wrong if they think i'm going to spend more than $55 for retail.

Personally, I'm disgusted at their Steam pricing. I thought that part of the idea behind steam was to also offer slightly better pricing to consumers. My mistake i guess.

Valve are being outrageously greedy if this pricing holds true and why anyone who cares about the prices of games would support Steam is beyond me. Sorry.

I agree. The game should be at least $10 less than retail since your not getting anything tangible. That's not going to stop me from getting it though.

CaptNKILL
10-06-04, 10:27 PM
You can get 16x DVD writer for $75, a few weeks ago I thought latest 16x DVD writer cost 200 the price of last year but when I look around for the latest price, I was shocked to discovered DVD writers is now cost as little as 45 or 55 for 16x DVD writer. I ordered Pioneer DVD 108 writer for 54. :nanahump:
Bah, im not spending $75 on a writer plus $70 for the DVD version of the game :p

I plan on splitting the price of the game with my brother anyway, and he doesnt have a DVD drive either. Im thinking of getting a 16x DVD reader for a measly $27, but my bro would still like to split the price of the game with me, so we will need the CD version.

GlowStick
10-06-04, 10:49 PM
With no credit card im forced to buy it boxed! (If had not put all my money into my bank!)