PDA

View Full Version : "Max frames to render ahead"?

_leech_
10-07-04, 01:57 AM
I understand what it does (obviously) but what positive/negative effects does it have? Should i modify the default value?

jolle
10-07-04, 03:38 AM
I think (not sure at all) that the higher you set it, the more mouselag you will get..
Cause it will render ahead, and once you move the mouse (camera view) all those frames are invalid and would have to be tossed away.. cause it cant guess where you are gonna be looking next.

Try something low.. i think..
or try something high, then low.. hehe

Arioch
10-07-04, 05:36 AM
I was fiddling with this option once and if its the one I am thinking off I changed it from the default 3 to 0 and it made my 3dMark03 score noticeably slower.

EverGreen
10-07-04, 06:43 AM
If u pull up the the amount of range, the game will runs smooth but and faster under 3DMark but with 3Dshooters or other action games, its kills the gameplay, famous lag reports on mouse movement or key functions.
Good oppertunity like playing with Far Cry, put the render back to 0, for benchies up to 5-8 .....

(newb)

saturnotaku
10-07-04, 07:39 AM
I've always left that setting alone with recent video cards. It did come in handy with older cards (GeForce3 and lower) as it did offer a performance boost and I was able to compensate for the extra lag. But with cards being as powerful as they are, there really is no need to change this setting while playing a game.

TacT
10-07-04, 01:24 PM
depends on the game but I play with it off mostly