PDA

View Full Version : GEFORCE 6800 STANDARD: Where is serial number?

PAUL J CHATMAN
10-07-04, 02:13 AM
I'm trying to register my PNY GeForce 6800 card, but I can't find the blasted serial number. I've entered evry number on the card (on both of the stickers). Which one is it and which numbers do I use?

Thanks in advance.

PaulJC

Omega53
10-07-04, 02:35 AM
The one that has a S/N before it.

PAUL J CHATMAN
10-07-04, 05:07 PM
The question was WHERE is the serial number located on the card.
However, there are NO NUMBERS that have S/N before it.
I'm NOT going to list all the numbers that are on the card but I will list this:

Larger sticker layout::

PNY Technoligies
GeForce 6800 128MB DDR
G606xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[barcode]
Made in China
P212xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[barcode]
PNY PO# 119xxx

Layout of the smaller sticker:::
VCG6800APB
[UPC barcode]
7514xxxxxxxx

On the front there is a yellow stocker with this on it:
v5.40.xx.xx.xx

Now which of THESE numbers is the Serial Number?

JRd1st
10-07-04, 05:10 PM
There is usually a S/N on a label on the box it came in.

PAUL J CHATMAN
10-07-04, 05:29 PM
Nope just the Model number and UPC.
The only other numbers are those the two sticker I layout in the previous reply.

I entered all of them and the PNY website returns "-You must specify a valid serial number-". There is no place on the site that shows you where this number is located. The FAQ was useless, as it does not address this issue at all.

:ORDER:
I would prefer this post be answered by an owner of a GeForce 6800 Standard, not GT, OC, or Ultra -- as is it clear that these serial numbers are located in a different place and marked. Does anyone out there own a PNY Verto GeForce 6800 128MB AGP Standard card besides me???

PAUL J CHATMAN
10-07-04, 05:41 PM
Nevermind . The number uses capital letters, but the website only accepts lower case. And that was the problem. I was using capital letters when I entered it.