PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne 2 sound issues

superklye
10-07-04, 03:13 PM
There is sound, I can hear the music and the crazy voices and the graphic novels work just fine, but in game, environmental sounds (opening doors, walking, etc) and gunfire are all but muted. I can barely, BARELY hear when I fire a gun.

I've got the sound effects in game cranked up all the way and in the config utility, I have:
Sounds
EAX Environmental Effects
Multi-Channel Audio

all checked and Sound Channels are set on "high." I tried it with only "Sounds" checked and still the same problem.

I'm running 1.01 and never had this problem when I had my GF4 Ti4400 installed. This is the first time I've installed the game since getting my 6800GT.

Omega53
10-07-04, 04:15 PM
Reinstall the game. And when you install the 1.01 patch it ask you if you've had any sound problems. Click yes and see if that fixes your issues.

superklye
10-07-04, 09:30 PM
Reinstall the game. And when you install the 1.01 patch it ask you if you've had any sound problems. Click yes and see if that fixes your issues.

I did what you said and never did anything come up about asking me if I had sound issues. And I still have them.

Omega53
10-07-04, 09:35 PM
I did what you said and never did anything come up about asking me if I had sound issues. And I still have them.

Thats weird. It asked me when I installed the patch :hmmm:

Omega53
10-07-04, 09:37 PM
This is what I get

superklye
10-08-04, 01:49 AM
Damn...this sucks. :(

DJMONDY
10-08-04, 03:07 AM
Have you got surround sound 5.1 system? If so go into your auido options for your soundcard and set it to 2 speaker not 5.1.

I have the same problems with Max Payne 2 and this is the only way to get the sound working properly.

If you still have problems look here: http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=max2tech

I sorted out my auido problem from these forums, very helpfull.

Hope this helps! :)

superklye
10-08-04, 04:25 AM
okay sweet. changing to 2 speakers in the creative control panel worked, but that sucks I can't have surround sound. :(

DJMONDY
10-08-04, 05:51 AM
I know, its a bummer. Im not sure of any other way to do it. If you figure it out post it here. :)

You might find that you will have the same sound problems in halo (if you have that game) but setting it to 2 speaker again will work! :)

superklye
10-08-04, 11:56 AM
I know, its a bummer. Im not sure of any other way to do it. If you figure it out post it here. :)

You might find that you will have the same sound problems in halo (if you have that game) but setting it to 2 speaker again will work! :)

I do have it but not installed right now...but thanks for the tips, I really appreciate them! :)

DJMONDY
10-08-04, 11:59 AM
No problem.

Have you played Counter Strike before?

Ive just posted a new thread coz im not sure what to do. If you have played it i'd like some advice over here.

:)

superklye
10-08-04, 12:03 PM
No problem.

Have you played Counter Strike before?

Ive just posted a new thread coz im not sure what to do. If you have played it i'd like some advice over here.

:)

heh, no I haven't. I played it once and really wasn't a fan in the least. Sorry. :(

DJMONDY
10-08-04, 12:06 PM
Thats ok.

Im glad i could help you with your game, Max Payne 2 is awsome!

Happy gameing :)